PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

toolz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
part of screen not responding to stylus

hey guys. I have a ppc670 through sprint and about a half inch sqaureof my screen is not responding if I tap inside it. for example; if a link is in this certain area of the screen and I tap it, it don't respond. or if I am in a drawing in a program and scribble the whole screen it will fill in all but that certain portion.

any software fix? or is this a hardware error as I fear it is?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
try realigning the screen. start/settings/system/screen/align hope this helps.
~Mike

Old 02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

toolz is a n00b
well the last middle target is right it that spot that won't respond. any other suggestions?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
hard reset maybe a recent install issue? u got me, but I doubt hardware but theres always that chance.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

toolz is a n00b
ok, just got it back up after a hard reset and got stuck in the initial alighn screen step. it eventually went through but unfortunately the problem persists.

any other suggestions. I will try anything because the launch of the 6800 seems so far away lol
Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Founder & Owner

insurance? under warranty?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

toolz is a n00b
had it over a year. no insurance cause I am an employee of sprint and can get one for the same price as tep costs me. but issue with that is if I get another one now. I can't get a discount on the 6800 until next january
Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Founder & Owner

Try reflashing it, I dunno u got me like I said earlier. So it has issues on the initial setup?
~Mike
Old 02-08-2007, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

toolz is a n00b
yes. I istalled aku 2.6 or whatever one released mid january. the custom with no software trial or othrwise. one with 3M41 as email for the left soft key lol. and have been rolling fine. I got the mail2web push going on so contacts are backed up no biggy there so I just did a hard reset. (hold both soft keys and press the stylus in the reset hole.) at the initial boot, it still won't register a tap on that same spot right in the middle of the screen as if the sensor in that area died.

it just started outa the blue. I keep my phone in my coat pocket or on the cradle and it never gets wet. never been dropped or anything. its just annoying lol. doesn't make the device unusable. if you or anyone else has anymore suggestions. feel free to post I love experimnting with this thing. as far as reflashing. I'm waitin for your (i think) custom aku 3.3
Old 02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung GSIII, HTC Glacier
Carrier: TMO

xarses is a n00b
heh, then sign up for tep and take it to service store, they might tell you to call tep and replace it, pay the 50 bucks and you will still get your discount (you rat bas...) on the 6800 when it comes out.

X

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions