PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Question... what would you do?

Ok... I have a pretty sweet deal through Sprint right now. After taxes and all that, I PAY about $56/month. I have 1000 anytimes minutes. 120 bonus anytime minutes. 1500 free text messages. Vision Power Pack. N/W starting at 7pm and unlimited Sprint to Sprint. Not bad for $56/month.

Now my wife is on Sprint, and her contract is up. She has a TERRIBLE plan. She pays $29.99/month plus she gets a 20% discount with her job. But... she only gets 200 anytime minutes, but has 500 text messages ($5) and no Vision, she does have N/W at 7pm and unlimited Sprint to Sprint. She NEVER pays that amount. She typically pays @$45-50, due to going over the 200 minutes.

So... I'm looking into putting her on my plan. However... the only thing somewhat comparable is that "everything" plan. It's $129.99 before tax and sprint charges, and I guess it would give her a better plan, since she'd have unlimited text and more minutes, but it sucks for me. I already have 1120 minutes myself, now I'll have to share 1500 minutes (We'd only be gaining 180 minutes). I already have Vision pack, and I have 1500 text, which the most I've ever used was 690. So this package is basically exactly what I have, except it's twice the price, but I get to add my wife. Does this seem like a crappy deal? Anyone have any suggestions to a better plan? Am I better keeping her on a seperate plan and not messing mine up? I know they say I can have Navigation and Sprint TV, but I don't need either of them. I have MicroSoft LiveSearch and Slingbox, so who cares about those two apps?

What should I do? Help... because I've been thinking about this for 2 months and I still can't make a decision. Darn Sprint and they're "everything" plans... what about the people who already have "everything", but are lucky enough to only pay about half of what they want out of me!

Am I crazy that I feel Sprint is ripping me off and I'm holding off on switching her over?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Sprint Question... what would you do?

Sorry... for some reason, this posted twice... mods, can you delete on of them?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

Really only other option would be the everything 450 for her line or talk/message 450 if she doesn't need vision either way you get a raw deal on it sadly by the looks of things.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The good thing is her contract is up, so I could always move her to Verizon. Not sure I want to do that, but I really don't want to mess up my deal, but I think that's my only choice, if I want to keep us both on Sprint...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

Imo if you do stay sprint the everything 450 for her I think would be best should run similar cost as the 1500 share and will give you the option of keeping your plan, and giving her something decent. Otherwise looking at verizon might work. (Sad this coming from a sprint agent, and this isn't the first time I've suggested verizon.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frentraken View Post
Imo if you do stay sprint the everything 450 for her I think would be best should run similar cost as the 1500 share and will give you the option of keeping your plan, and giving her something decent. Otherwise looking at verizon might work. (Sad this coming from a sprint agent, and this isn't the first time I've suggested verizon.)

So you think that would be better than getting the "everything" package with 1500 minutes for us to share and unlimited everything else? I respect your opinion as a sprint agent. What are the benefits/disadvantages as you see it for me keeping my old account, or getting this new one? I always like having the "I've been a customer for 9 years" when I need something through Sprint. But if we combine, we'll put it under her, since she has a 20% discount through work and I have a 16%...

THANKS!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

how come it is 129.99 for u i pay 99 for mine was just thinking i have s.e

Old 09-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman16420 View Post
how come it is 129.99 for u i pay 99 for mine was just thinking i have s.e
Probably because I need messaging/internet as well. It looks like you just have the talk only portion of it...
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...itRegionAction
Old 09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
Ok... I have a pretty sweet deal through Sprint right now. After taxes and all that, I PAY about $56/month. I have 1000 anytimes minutes. 120 bonus anytime minutes. 1500 free text messages. Vision Power Pack. N/W starting at 7pm and unlimited Sprint to Sprint. Not bad for $56/month.

Now my wife is on Sprint, and her contract is up. She has a TERRIBLE plan. She pays $29.99/month plus she gets a 20% discount with her job. But... she only gets 200 anytime minutes, but has 500 text messages ($5) and no Vision, she does have N/W at 7pm and unlimited Sprint to Sprint. She NEVER pays that amount. She typically pays @$45-50, due to going over the 200 minutes.

So... I'm looking into putting her on my plan. However... the only thing somewhat comparable is that "everything" plan. It's $129.99 before tax and sprint charges, and I guess it would give her a better plan, since she'd have unlimited text and more minutes, but it sucks for me. I already have 1120 minutes myself, now I'll have to share 1500 minutes (We'd only be gaining 180 minutes). I already have Vision pack, and I have 1500 text, which the most I've ever used was 690. So this package is basically exactly what I have, except it's twice the price, but I get to add my wife. Does this seem like a crappy deal? Anyone have any suggestions to a better plan? Am I better keeping her on a seperate plan and not messing mine up? I know they say I can have Navigation and Sprint TV, but I don't need either of them. I have MicroSoft LiveSearch and Slingbox, so who cares about those two apps?

What should I do? Help... because I've been thinking about this for 2 months and I still can't make a decision. Darn Sprint and they're "everything" plans... what about the people who already have "everything", but are lucky enough to only pay about half of what they want out of me!

Am I crazy that I feel Sprint is ripping me off and I'm holding off on switching her over?
the way I understand it is if you have a plan on your account and then you have another line on your account you can have retentions put that line with the exact same plan....so another 56/mth and her having the same plan...

right now I have $50/mth for 1000 anytime minutes plus 200 and 250 bonus anytime minutes, unlimited txt msgs, unlimited data, unlimited pic mail, tethering, $5/mth for n/w at 5pm, and then $7/mth for insurance...then 15% off for government employee discount and a $15 discount...so somewhere around $40...then my wife used to be on the exact same plan as me, but she switched to sep because her business pays 75/mth and she needs a lot of minutes...

but you should be able to have them switch her to the same plan if shes on you account...I would even think that if you switched her to your account and just put her on sep that they could still switch her to your plan...but who knows...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions