PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Mendozilla is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Mendozilla
Fist issue with sprint after 7 years of service

Hello my friends,
I’ll try to explain the problem the best I can:

About two weeks ago I called sprint to add some services, 300 text and data plan for my line and 100 text messages for my daughter’s (service she had before, but I had to take some measures to correct he behavior), well instead sprint offered me a new plan which included 1500 minutes, all unlimited data services goodies like Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV Premier, unlimited text messaging, etc, all of this for all 3 lines and for $129.99; I thought it was an awesome plans considering that I would pay about $120.00 for the services I originally wanted to add, of course I had to renew contract for 2 more years so I got hooked and immediately say yes, everything went smooth and I was very happy with my new plan sending messages, pictures, checking my accounts online and making payments so I was as happy as I could be until Yesterday when I logged in to my account and saw the invoice: $170.00 whaaaaat??????,
Well, it was too good to be true as it always happens; the plan was in fact $129 but not for all 3 lines, 2nd line free and $19.99 for the 3rd line, well I still think it is a good deal but I just wasn’t planning on raising my bill that much besides, my wife will not really take advantage of all of those services.
So I thought maybe I just didn’t understand correctly due to my lack of better English knowledge what the agent offered and it was all a mistake on my part or their part; so I called Sprint and explained the situation and asked to put me back on my family plan, they immediately said no and that once you get into a plan there no turning back, they did offered me a 10% discount on my bill for the next two years but I had to renew again for the 2 years, well I thought is just a 2 weeks difference, but guess what the other agent just renewed contract in the first line, second line is off contract and third line is due on march next year, I was checking online while talking to the agent, so they were trying to hooked me up again instead for really helping me on my issue, so I just said tank you very much I need to think about it, thinking maybe I will have better luck if I call back later on.

I apologize for this long post and I would really appreciate it if you take time to read it as well as your comments, recommendations and advice. I just need to know if really there is no turning back or if can get a better deal than this.

Regards,

Mendozilla.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: First issue with Sprint after 7 years of service

I meant first issue
Old 09-14-2008, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

shorty82 is just getting started
Re: Fist issue with sprint after 7 years of service

I believe that you have 30 or 60 days to make any changes to a new sprint contract. If that doesn't work, just ask to speak to a manager and explain what is going on. If none of the other problems work then you can always file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It has taken a while but I have always ended up getting my way and some extras for all the work it took, plus a little apology letter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll give it another try. Overall I'm very pleased with their service but expected them to be more understanding.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:53 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had similar problem bro. not a high as your bill. wouldnt do anything for me and i went nutz. just of it they ate everything but what my original monthly charge was. please be persistant they dont want to lose you. tell them its only 200$ to drop them and theyll get there money when they get it. this is a last resort mind you! just be persistant. manager after manager. they will fix. goodluck
Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Here is an update:
I called sprint again and talked to another agent very friendly by the way, they offered me the same 10% discount, but I said if they could give the 15% discount I'd consider not cancelling all 3 lines and that way my bill would be a little bit under the 129.99 promissed previously of course I was very polite and said I was not blaming the agent and it was all a missunderstanding, well they said they will have to call me back within 24 hrs with an answer. As soon as I get a response I'll give you the results.

Last edited by Mendozilla; 09-14-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MooZx3 is a n00b

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah just keep on them.
You seem like a really nice/mellow person.
You'll get it fixed. If one agent won't help, hang up call back.
And remember ALWAYS get the agent name/code.
That way if they try to pull funny stuff you know exactly who when you call to turn them into a supervisior.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hello my friends,
I’ll try to explain the problem the best I can:

About two weeks ago I called sprint to add some services, 300 text and data plan for my line and 100 text messages for my daughter’s (service she had before, but I had to take some measures to correct he behavior), well instead sprint offered me a new plan which included 1500 minutes, all unlimited data services goodies like Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV Premier, unlimited text messaging, etc, all of this for all 3 lines and for $129.99; I thought it was an awesome plans considering that I would pay about $120.00 for the services I originally wanted to add, of course I had to renew contract for 2 more years so I got hooked and immediately say yes, everything went smooth and I was very happy with my new plan sending messages, pictures, checking my accounts online and making payments so I was as happy as I could be until Yesterday when I logged in to my account and saw the invoice: $170.00 whaaaaat??????,
Well, it was too good to be true as it always happens; the plan was in fact $129 but not for all 3 lines, 2nd line free and $19.99 for the 3rd line, well I still think it is a good deal but I just wasn’t planning on raising my bill that much besides, my wife will not really take advantage of all of those services.
So I thought maybe I just didn’t understand correctly due to my lack of better English knowledge what the agent offered and it was all a mistake on my part or their part; so I called Sprint and explained the situation and asked to put me back on my family plan, they immediately said no and that once you get into a plan there no turning back, they did offered me a 10% discount on my bill for the next two years but I had to renew again for the 2 years, well I thought is just a 2 weeks difference, but guess what the other agent just renewed contract in the first line, second line is off contract and third line is due on march next year, I was checking online while talking to the agent, so they were trying to hooked me up again instead for really helping me on my issue, so I just said tank you very much I need to think about it, thinking maybe I will have better luck if I call back later on.

I apologize for this long post and I would really appreciate it if you take time to read it as well as your comments, recommendations and advice. I just need to know if really there is no turning back or if can get a better deal than this.

Regards,

Mendozilla
Check your PM
Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well, time is up and they didn't call back. I'll call them again there's no other choice.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: And that's the end of it.

I just got off the phone with Sprint and I did have better luck this time, nice gal from South Florida, this time she did offer to put me back on my original Flex and Flexibe 550 minutes shared with 3 lines for the $80.00 I was paying while she was looking for better options for me, we went over several plans and nothing was better than the $129.00, second line free and third line $19.99, she couldn't comply with the 15% discount I requested, but she offered the 10% of the bill without having to renew my contract, so that's what I accepted.
So $150.00 - $15.00 = $135.00 for 1500 minutes and all services unlimited.
Now I just have to buy my wife a new Pink Palm Centro so she can take advantage of all the services...Man those chats are going to get hot!
And that's the end of it.
Thank you all for your help and your attention.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions