PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fist issue with sprint after 7 years of service (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37266)

Mendozilla 09-13-2008 07:45 PM

Fist issue with sprint after 7 years of service

Hello my friends,
I’ll try to explain the problem the best I can:

About two weeks ago I called sprint to add some services, 300 text and data plan for my line and 100 text messages for my daughter’s (service she had before, but I had to take some measures to correct he behavior), well instead sprint offered me a new plan which included 1500 minutes, all unlimited data services goodies like Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV Premier, unlimited text messaging, etc, all of this for all 3 lines and for $129.99; I thought it was an awesome plans considering that I would pay about $120.00 for the services I originally wanted to add, of course I had to renew contract for 2 more years so I got hooked and immediately say yes, everything went smooth and I was very happy with my new plan sending messages, pictures, checking my accounts online and making payments so I was as happy as I could be until Yesterday when I logged in to my account and saw the invoice: $170.00 whaaaaat??????,
Well, it was too good to be true as it always happens; the plan was in fact $129 but not for all 3 lines, 2nd line free and $19.99 for the 3rd line, well I still think it is a good deal but I just wasn’t planning on raising my bill that much besides, my wife will not really take advantage of all of those services.
So I thought maybe I just didn’t understand correctly due to my lack of better English knowledge what the agent offered and it was all a mistake on my part or their part; so I called Sprint and explained the situation and asked to put me back on my family plan, they immediately said no and that once you get into a plan there no turning back, they did offered me a 10% discount on my bill for the next two years but I had to renew again for the 2 years, well I thought is just a 2 weeks difference, but guess what the other agent just renewed contract in the first line, second line is off contract and third line is due on march next year, I was checking online while talking to the agent, so they were trying to hooked me up again instead for really helping me on my issue, so I just said tank you very much I need to think about it, thinking maybe I will have better luck if I call back later on.

I apologize for this long post and I would really appreciate it if you take time to read it as well as your comments, recommendations and advice. I just need to know if really there is no turning back or if can get a better deal than this.

Regards,

Mendozilla.

Mendozilla 09-13-2008 07:56 PM

Re: First issue with Sprint after 7 years of service

I meant first issue :oops:

shorty82 09-14-2008 12:26 AM

Re: Fist issue with sprint after 7 years of service

I believe that you have 30 or 60 days to make any changes to a new sprint contract. If that doesn't work, just ask to speak to a manager and explain what is going on. If none of the other problems work then you can always file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It has taken a while but I have always ended up getting my way and some extras for all the work it took, plus a little apology letter.

Mendozilla 09-14-2008 01:42 AM

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll give it another try. Overall I'm very pleased with their service but expected them to be more understanding.

darren.wlsn1 09-14-2008 01:53 AM

i had similar problem bro. not a high as your bill. wouldnt do anything for me and i went nutz. just of it they ate everything but what my original monthly charge was. please be persistant they dont want to lose you. tell them its only 200$ to drop them and theyll get there money when they get it. this is a last resort mind you! just be persistant. manager after manager. they will fix. goodluck

Mendozilla 09-14-2008 02:29 PM

Here is an update:
I called sprint again and talked to another agent very friendly by the way, they offered me the same 10% discount, but I said if they could give the 15% discount I'd consider not cancelling all 3 lines and that way my bill would be a little bit under the 129.99 promissed previously of course I was very polite and said I was not blaming the agent and it was all a missunderstanding, well they said they will have to call me back within 24 hrs with an answer. As soon as I get a response I'll give you the results.

MooZx3 09-14-2008 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah just keep on them.
You seem like a really nice/mellow person.
You'll get it fixed. If one agent won't help, hang up call back.
And remember ALWAYS get the agent name/code.
That way if they try to pull funny stuff you know exactly who when you call to turn them into a supervisior.

e.lamberson 09-14-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Hello my friends,
I’ll try to explain the problem the best I can:

About two weeks ago I called sprint to add some services, 300 text and data plan for my line and 100 text messages for my daughter’s (service she had before, but I had to take some measures to correct he behavior), well instead sprint offered me a new plan which included 1500 minutes, all unlimited data services goodies like Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV Premier, unlimited text messaging, etc, all of this for all 3 lines and for $129.99; I thought it was an awesome plans considering that I would pay about $120.00 for the services I originally wanted to add, of course I had to renew contract for 2 more years so I got hooked and immediately say yes, everything went smooth and I was very happy with my new plan sending messages, pictures, checking my accounts online and making payments so I was as happy as I could be until Yesterday when I logged in to my account and saw the invoice: $170.00 whaaaaat??????,
Well, it was too good to be true as it always happens; the plan was in fact $129 but not for all 3 lines, 2nd line free and $19.99 for the 3rd line, well I still think it is a good deal but I just wasn’t planning on raising my bill that much besides, my wife will not really take advantage of all of those services.
So I thought maybe I just didn’t understand correctly due to my lack of better English knowledge what the agent offered and it was all a mistake on my part or their part; so I called Sprint and explained the situation and asked to put me back on my family plan, they immediately said no and that once you get into a plan there no turning back, they did offered me a 10% discount on my bill for the next two years but I had to renew again for the 2 years, well I thought is just a 2 weeks difference, but guess what the other agent just renewed contract in the first line, second line is off contract and third line is due on march next year, I was checking online while talking to the agent, so they were trying to hooked me up again instead for really helping me on my issue, so I just said tank you very much I need to think about it, thinking maybe I will have better luck if I call back later on.

I apologize for this long post and I would really appreciate it if you take time to read it as well as your comments, recommendations and advice. I just need to know if really there is no turning back or if can get a better deal than this.

Regards,

Mendozilla
Check your PM

Mendozilla 09-15-2008 09:03 PM

Well, time is up and they didn't call back. I'll call them again there's no other choice.

Mendozilla 09-15-2008 11:05 PM

Re: And that's the end of it.

I just got off the phone with Sprint and I did have better luck this time, nice gal from South Florida, this time she did offer to put me back on my original Flex and Flexibe 550 minutes shared with 3 lines for the $80.00 I was paying while she was looking for better options for me, we went over several plans and nothing was better than the $129.00, second line free and third line $19.99, she couldn't comply with the 15% discount I requested, but she offered the 10% of the bill without having to renew my contract, so that's what I accepted.
So $150.00 - $15.00 = $135.00 for 1500 minutes and all services unlimited.
Now I just have to buy my wife a new Pink Palm Centro so she can take advantage of all the services...Man those chats are going to get hot! http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/ima...es/biggrin.gif
And that's the end of it.
Thank you all for your help and your attention.
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/ima...lies/urock.gif