PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Cluelss- how can I listen to talk radio w phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36881)

cskipper 09-09-2008 05:21 AM

Cluelss- how can I listen to talk radio w phone?

My new office is in the basement of a 3 story building and i can't get any radio stations. We ar enot allowed to use the companies internet for this purpose, and they do monitor internet usage. I have a new verizon modem (UM175 USB Modem). I get excellent cell phone service so i thought there must be a way to use a phone or some device with this modem to get talk radio if not internet access.

it's time to renew my "renew every two". Is there a way to use any Verizon phone for the internet, andspecifically talk radio? Do i need the modem? 9i don't want to haul my laptop into work.) if i can accomplish this with a Verizon phone, what plan do i need/

Am i better off buying a basic small pc (some are about the same money)?
Thanks for any suggestions,
cskipper

imneveral0ne 09-09-2008 05:48 AM

Re: Cluelss- how can I listen to talk radio w phone?

you shouldnt have any trouble streaming your music to a ppc. i stream radio to my phone all the time. i dont know about any other phones though.

cskipper 09-09-2008 06:20 AM

Can i do it with a cell phone or do i need to get a small laptop? Is there somethin in between? I hate carrying my laptop from home back and forth, and desk space at work is a problrm too.
Thanks,
cskipper

imneveral0ne 09-09-2008 06:37 AM

i do it with just my cell phone. can listen to pretty much any AM/FM station i can think of(streaming it online of course) but if your gonna be streaming music i'd recomend you bring your charger :-p

cskipper 09-09-2008 06:50 AM

Do i need the separate modem? i really want to listen to talk radio asd don't want to use minutes. Would unlimited minutes and no modem be less expensive? Either way, do I need the media and voice plan and not just the voice plan?
Cathy

albertan 09-09-2008 08:24 AM

www.talkstreamlive.mobi

ny152 09-09-2008 08:33 AM

Streaming radio works fine on an HTC touch... but you want an unlimited data plan, like the Sprint everything plan, otherwise you'll be in debtor's prison in no time! GS player - a FREE mp3 player - works great with shoutcast stations.

Like the previous poster said, you also want a charger!

Good luck!

jason25 09-09-2008 08:35 AM

you would want/need an unlimited data plan

CozBoogie 09-09-2008 11:26 AM

And you don't need a modem. On your phone you can surf out to the web (just like on your pc) and play streaming radio stations.

There are many audio players out there that are good for this (e.g., Pocket Tunes, etc.). In fact Pocket Tunes has an imbedded radio player so that you don't even have to mess with websites, etc.

late,
Coz