PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Don't know which to buy

cskipper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cluelss- how can I listen to talk radio w phone?

My new office is in the basement of a 3 story building and i can't get any radio stations. We ar enot allowed to use the companies internet for this purpose, and they do monitor internet usage. I have a new verizon modem (UM175 USB Modem). I get excellent cell phone service so i thought there must be a way to use a phone or some device with this modem to get talk radio if not internet access.

it's time to renew my "renew every two". Is there a way to use any Verizon phone for the internet, andspecifically talk radio? Do i need the modem? 9i don't want to haul my laptop into work.) if i can accomplish this with a Verizon phone, what plan do i need/

Am i better off buying a basic small pc (some are about the same money)?
Thanks for any suggestions,
cskipper
Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Cluelss- how can I listen to talk radio w phone?

you shouldnt have any trouble streaming your music to a ppc. i stream radio to my phone all the time. i dont know about any other phones though.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cskipper is a n00b

Can i do it with a cell phone or do i need to get a small laptop? Is there somethin in between? I hate carrying my laptop from home back and forth, and desk space at work is a problrm too.
Thanks,
cskipper
Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i do it with just my cell phone. can listen to pretty much any AM/FM station i can think of(streaming it online of course) but if your gonna be streaming music i'd recomend you bring your charger :-p
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cskipper is a n00b

Do i need the separate modem? i really want to listen to talk radio asd don't want to use minutes. Would unlimited minutes and no modem be less expensive? Either way, do I need the media and voice plan and not just the voice plan?
Cathy
Old 09-09-2008, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

albertan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to albertan

www.talkstreamlive.mobi
Old 09-09-2008, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Streaming radio works fine on an HTC touch... but you want an unlimited data plan, like the Sprint everything plan, otherwise you'll be in debtor's prison in no time! GS player - a FREE mp3 player - works great with shoutcast stations.

Like the previous poster said, you also want a charger!

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you would want/need an unlimited data plan
Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

And you don't need a modem. On your phone you can surf out to the web (just like on your pc) and play streaming radio stations.

There are many audio players out there that are good for this (e.g., Pocket Tunes, etc.). In fact Pocket Tunes has an imbedded radio player so that you don't even have to mess with websites, etc.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions