PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

albertan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to albertan
Angry BELL Canada Rate Plans

It looks to me like Bell Canada is about to do what so many other Canadian companies love to do to Canadians... that is... bend them over and hoop them once again by removing unlimited internet from their plans.

My comment to BELL CANADA is... why sell phones that require unlimited internet service only to screw your customers our of big dollars for a mobile serivce?

CANADIAN GOVERNMENT.... wake up.... we need more competition in Canada so we don't have to keep getting hooped... and that also goes for SHAW CABLE that has become an expert at pocket picking.

I would love to hear other comments from Canadians on this topic.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheIgster is just getting started
Re: BELL Canada Rate Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertan View Post
It looks to me like Bell Canada is about to do what so many other Canadian companies love to do to Canadians... that is... bend them over and hoop them once again by removing unlimited internet from their plans.
Source?

I'm with Bell. Have the Touch and pay $7 a month for unlimited data transfer. Can't beat that.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hi TheIgster

Thanks for the reply.... I also pay $7 a month but from what I read on a blog at my son's home the plan has come to an end. I looked all over the Bell site and was not able to find unlimited plans anywhere. If I am wrong... please correct me. I am trying to get my kids to switch from blackberry to vogues and also am looking at changing everyone at my office from Mike phones to pocket pc's.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I do plan to call BELL tomorrow and get it directly from them. I have a phone I plan to reactivate for my wife but if I have to pay a huge price for data on BELL... I will buy a Telus phone instead.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheIgster is just getting started

Well, they may be changing the plan, but anyone who has it now would be grandfathered so you shouldn't have to worry about it until your contract is up. I've got another 2 years or so on my contract.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

Ya they won't take it away if you have it, I have seen it go up to 10, and might have seen a sign that said it were up to 15. I personally run the fun bundle 25 unlim text vms caller id and unlim data along with full music downloads from the music store can't complain honestly
Old 08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the response everyone.... yes I know im safe for a couple more years.... but it sure will make it a hard sell for salespeople trying to sell BELL services for new accounts. I look at it this way.... I should be living back in the USA within the time my BELL account expires and then I won't have those problems. I think $7 I pay now is VERY reasonable.... Id even pay a bit more.... but if I have to panic everytime I use my data plan because of cost.... then I simply won't use a cell phone anymore. I got along without onoe for 35 years..... I am sure I could do without now if I needed to. Thank goodness I signed up for 3 years last fall is all I can say.

I can't wait for the Google service to start in Canada... both Bell and Telus will be out of business unless they compete.

Recently I switched from Vonage phone service in my home and thought I was getting a great deal for unlimited calls in North America at $40 a month.... but this week I switched from Vonage to MajicJack at $20 a year for the same kind of service. That is a deal I could not refuse and the service from Majic Jack works every bit as good as Vonage if not better for a fraction of the cost. Now... if only someone could come up with a way to use Majic Jack on my Touch.... I'd have all my dreams in one little device )))

Last edited by albertan; 08-24-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

I don't know US companies are regressing for data and rate plans, and let's face it compared to a year ago even 30 bucks for unlimited data is amazing. I was paying 25 for 4mb on my 6700 on telus last year now most devices fit into 30 for unlim.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue Forum

HTCBellUser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertan View Post
It doesn't look like they've gotten rid of it yet. Their new site format takes a bit of getting use to but I did finally find this in regards to the unlimited web browsing now at $10 per month. It was under the mobile entertainment section as mobile browser.

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_ON...r/MBUN.details
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks Bud ..... much appreciated! You are going to save taxpayers piles of money with that post....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions