PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT SIMPLY EVERYTHING

antman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
soft reset

ever since i did a spft reset my phone has been ****in up it turns of and resets by its self and freezes up it never did that before my advice to any new users of the HTC Touch never soft reset you phone!! it mess's up your phone!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: soft reset

i don't think it's the soft reset that's messing up your phone. maybe it's conflicting apps or something. did you recently install something? what did you do just before it happened? besides soft reset

Old 08-22-2008, 05:02 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome Here.........(Your first post)
You have other problems. Its not the soft reset.
Maybe something got removed and didn't take affect until you rebooted it but the soft reset couldn't have done anything to your PPC.
Have you installed and/or removed any apps?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:02 PM
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
i don't think it's the soft reset that's messing up your phone. maybe it's conflicting apps or something. did you recently install something? what did you do just before it happened? besides soft reset
Damn your getting quick.....
Old 08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Damn your getting quick.....
haha just bored at home and lurking the forum
Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

antman is a n00b

i did take off a couple little apps but they were little one OOHHH but i did take off that opera browser i didnt like they way it would show my pics compared to ineternet eplorer
Old 08-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

if you're not sure, you can always hard reset your phone lol. but remember to backup whatever you need. on a side note, i've been telling people to hard reset all day cuz they have unresolved problems
Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 PM
The Pusher Man

Ya soft resets for the most part are a good thing they free up ram.
You might need to figure out what is missing (File you removed) or hit it with a hard reset. Och, either way a long proses.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

antman is a n00b

lol i guess so i rather check to see what file is missing then to hard reset jus yet
Old 08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

yeah, do all you can before you hard reset. it's always the last resort.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions