PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: SERO... for AT&T? You tell me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azazelx View Post
Not true, theres 71.4 million customers in ATT, less then 5 million of those are iPhone users. They have the best coverage, the fastest 3g network, and just all around have everything better then the competition, except prices. Even if the iPhone was released to Sprint, ATT would still be getting more people, Sprint might be a little better off but not by much.

Well sir you have a point but its important to remember that att 3g coverage is extremely limited. I have sprint and when I go to LA (Los Angeles) and do a speed test with my mogul i on average get 1.2mb /sec while my cousin with the new 3g iphone gets only 600 to 780 kbps down. He does have better reception than me and the quality of his voice calls is better but if you ask me sprints EVDO Rev. A is owning AT&T 3g....

Holla back!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

coca cola employees get the best discount..a at&t employee told me coca cola employess get the highest discount. if i recall correct, i think it was 30% off!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeslumz View Post
coca cola employees get the best discount..a at&t employee told me coca cola employess get the highest discount. if i recall correct, i think it was 30% off!
25% I'm pretty sure - see my previous post for more information and URLs for the discounts...
Old 08-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Mogul

TyphoidFever is a n00b

Quote:
Not true, theres 71.4 million customers in ATT, less then 5 million of those are iPhone users. They have the best coverage, the fastest 3g network, and just all around have everything better then the competition, except prices. Even if the iPhone was released to Sprint, ATT would still be getting more people, Sprint might be a little better off but not by much.
So I'm assuming this is also included in that whole best of everything concept right?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10...?tag=cnetfd.mt

Last edited by TyphoidFever; 08-23-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TyTn II
Carrier: ATT

azazelx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoidFever View Post
So I'm assuming this is also included in that whole best of everything concept right?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10...?tag=cnetfd.mt
Oh, yea thats totally ATT's fault right? No its not, its Apples.

and @jimmiekain- i havent noticed limited, everywhere i go, except way out in the middle of nowhere, i always have a steady HSPDA connection, and your comparing a faulty iphone (see newspost in quote) to a winmo phone by HTC. Do that with a comparable winmo the ATT 8525 perhaps? and then report back to me
Old 08-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Oh, yea thats totally ATT's fault right? No its not, its Apples.

and @jimmiekain- i havent noticed limited, everywhere i go, except way out in the middle of nowhere, i always have a steady HSPDA connection, and your comparing a faulty iphone (see newspost in quote) to a winmo phone by HTC. Do that with a comparable winmo the ATT 8525 perhaps? and then report back to me

My mogul at work today (Brea, CA {Orange County}) got 977 kbps while my home girl who has the tilt got 590 kbps down.... We ran it again, I got 970 she got 610

Now: im not saying 3g is no good... im just saying, that i have yet to see it beat sprits EVDO rev. A live and in person.

Also, Los Angels california isnt in the middle of nowhere and neither is Brea. These are both areas that att.com reports having full 3g coverage.
Holla Back!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TyTn II
Carrier: ATT

azazelx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
My mogul at work today (Brea, CA {Orange County}) got 977 kbps while my home girl who has the tilt got 590 kbps down.... We ran it again, I got 970 she got 610

Now: im not saying 3g is no good... im just saying, that i have yet to see it beat sprits EVDO rev. A live and in person.

Also, Los Angels california isnt in the middle of nowhere and neither is Brea. These are both areas that att.com reports having full 3g coverage.
Holla Back!

Well i have the Tilt, and as you can see heres the latest speedtest from my area

This is from a 2 bar HSPDA connection, i live in the Space Coast/Titusville area and where i live, im just before the area with no 3g according to the coverage map

How did you test if i may ask?

The one in my sig is a couple months old...
Old 08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Well i have the Tilt, and as you can see heres the latest speedtest from my area

This is from a 2 bar HSPDA connection, i live in the Space Coast/Titusville area and where i live, im just before the area with no 3g according to the coverage map

well you must be in a good part of town... the problem is, at&t does not have strong 3g everywhere... SPRINT has a much stronger range apparently. The numbers you put up are what i got with my touch, but my upspeed was a lil faster. Unfortunately, i don't have my record of it and my touch is deactivated cuz i'm waiting to sell it. (waitin on the diamond)

You're numbers are great! But unfortunately, not many are putting that up with at&t... i'd say on an overall average, we all know Sprint has everyone beat.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:

I use www.dslreports.com/mspeed
Old 08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

found my comcast speed from a couple months ago lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions