PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kingsfan626 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO... for AT&T? You tell me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
hmmm well I used to work for wells fargo now I work for bank of america and they both offer good deals on most major carriers maybe you should tell her to check the banks out.
Hey I techincally work for BofA...post merger what kind of offers can I expect for Sprint.?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

I really wish they had a plan comparable to SERO. Thats the ONLY reason I stay at Sprint.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TyTn II
Carrier: ATT

azazelx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
well then dang! do the AT&T employees get a discount at all? At&T's pricing is way out of wak! $50 for internet and text? are they crazy? Sprints is only like $20! thats more than double! They would have a lot more customers if they had better pricing!
Im pretty sure ATT is doing postively great, even with outrageous plans they still grow by tons, always getting new subscribers whereas Sprint is struggling even with their cheap plans, so ATT is doing something right
Old 08-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by azazelx View Post
Im pretty sure ATT is doing postively great, even with outrageous plans they still grow by tons, always getting new subscribers whereas Sprint is struggling even with their cheap plans, so ATT is doing something right

Your right, they are doing something right but they would have a lot more customers if they didnt charge $50 for data and text... thats crazy! My at home fiber optic internet line from verizon is only $35! In what way is phone internet worth $50 from at&t? They need to stop this crazyness!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan626 View Post
Hey I techincally work for BofA...post merger what kind of offers can I expect for Sprint.?

I have sero so I'm not sure but its either 20% or 25% but if your countrywide i dont think your ever going to be a bank of america employee. You will always be under countrywide.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
at&t released the iphone and they are exclusive to it, THATs why they are doin so well... Cars are coming out ipod/iphone compatible, just plug it in and you have the interface on your cars' video/gps screen.

From what i heard from my buddy who managers a sprint store and has been with the company for 13 years, "Apple came to Sprint first and offered the iphone, but we said no"

Poor decision sprint, although i'm not an ifan, sprint would have been ontop of the world, best plans, best everything.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TyTn II
Carrier: ATT

azazelx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
at&t released the iphone and they are exclusive to it, THATs why they are doin so well... Cars are coming out ipod/iphone compatible, just plug it in and you have the interface on your cars' video/gps screen.

From what i heard from my buddy who managers a sprint store and has been with the company for 13 years, "Apple came to Sprint first and offered the iphone, but we said no"

Poor decision sprint, although i'm not an ifan, sprint would have been ontop of the world, best plans, best everything.

Not true, theres 71.4 million customers in ATT, less then 5 million of those are iPhone users. They have the best coverage, the fastest 3g network, and just all around have everything better then the competition, except prices. Even if the iPhone was released to Sprint, ATT would still be getting more people, Sprint might be a little better off but not by much.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Not true, theres 71.4 million customers in ATT, less then 5 million of those are iPhone users. They have the best coverage, the fastest 3g network, and just all around have everything better then the competition, except prices. Even if the iPhone was released to Sprint, ATT would still be getting more people, Sprint might be a little better off but not by much.
i disagree on best coverage and fastest network... my buddy has at&t and cant even get reception in malls and he gets dropped calls like no other... fewest dropped calls my a**, atleast not in my area... I can't even remember the last time i had a dropped call with sprint... Sprint has everyone crushed when it comes to 3g speeds. Rev A to say the least. I live in the Chicago area, maybe that plays a factor.

But sprint is ELITE in my area. Period.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

A buddy of mine just got fired from At&t I don't beleive he ever mention anything about decent rate plan just got his pearl free :-p I do agree though GSM seems to pull horrendous plans. Neither Rogers or AT&T can pull a decent plan on anything.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

The best you can do for at&t is at&t premier - discounts for employees of certain companies and students from certain schools. Discounts range from about 15%-25% (maybe down to 10% in some instances) and the plans are all the same minus the discounts (at&t employees themselves only get 28% I believe). You won't find anything close to SERO on there, but if you have a school email address or work email address try entering it and see if it works, otherwise find a friend with one. Big companies like coke get discounts of 25%, my school (ASU) gives 15% so YMMV - try different emails and see which gives the best discounts. Discounts also vary for different parts (devices, service, etc) so play around and see what works best for you. AFAIK smartphones are NEVER discounted, but the plans will be. Also IIRC data plans aren't discounted (but the voice part of your plan will still be) but this may only apply to iphone plans (fyi 3g iphone plans are discountable but not 2g iphone plans due to revenue sharing agreements with apple). Share the links with your friends that have at&t as many people that have at&t are not aware that their school/company offers discounts.

Please note that both of the links below will send an email which will require you to click a link so you can't just make up an email.

http://www.wireless.att.com/premier/

EDIT:

those with currently active at&t plans may add the discounts through this link:

http://www.att.com/wirelessdiscounts

note:

1) you cannot view the discounts afaik from this link just add them so check your discount on the first link first.

2) afaik this will reup your 2 year contract automatically so if you are out of contract or soon to expire it might be a bad idea. those who have just reuped due to purchasing a device and those who have just signed up will probably not care as it will just reset the contract length, not extend it a full 2 years.

Last edited by holo; 08-22-2008 at 10:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions