PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth passkey (PIN)

My cellbrite phonebook/Media transfer machine needs a passcode along with the phone also. I guess to make the connection more secure for data.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-15-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff

What you should do is after establishing a partnership with your pc bluetooth adapter try to connect to you pc via active sync first. Start active sync click on menu then connect via bluetooth should work.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

well etablishing the partnership is the problem, like idk maybe im missing something but I cant get it to connect, like it connects and sends properly through the "Bluetooth Information Exchanger" and I can send files to my phone it just doesnt like automatically recognize my phone and WMDC doesnt see it either,

someone tell me step by step how you created your partnership with your pc please!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
well etablishing the partnership is the problem, like idk maybe im missing something but I cant get it to connect, like it connects and sends properly through the "Bluetooth Information Exchanger" and I can send files to my phone it just doesnt like automatically recognize my phone and WMDC doesnt see it either,

someone tell me step by step how you created your partnership with your pc please!
Clik start menu>settings>connections>bluetooth>tap add new device

I bought a cheap targus bluetooth adapter at frys came with no documentation passkey was 4 zeros don't know if it would be same for you.

edit: Forgot to mention i don't know what specific software your adapter came with so it maybe different, but since mine came with just drivers and i have vista.. i have a bluetooth icon in system tray i just clicked that and choose add bluetooth device and that brought up bluetooth wizard.. should be simple from there passkey should be all 4 zeros could be different for you.

Last edited by Chillen; 08-15-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

ok thats exactly what I am doing, but every time I do that when i click connect on my computer it says "Bluetooth PAN Client: Connection from [device name] has been denied."
Old 08-15-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

at this point don't know what else to tell u .. what u can try is go into connections on your mogul and delete partnership with your pc ( as u stated above u were able to transfer some files) Uninstall the bt software from your pc and then reboot your pc and mogul and try starting over.. dunno that might help. I had no issues with this bt adapter i bought at frys and it was only ten bucks.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

tcrowe3 is a n00b

I have been trying to enter a pin for my bluetooth and after I enter it it delete my entry out of the text box and then trys to pair but it can't becuase the box has been voided of the entry i just made.....any suggestions?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP
Carrier: Verizon

dtroutt is a n00b

You can also lower the security level of the Kensington to require no password temporarily through the Bluetooth Information Exchanger Icon, and go to the dropdown menu next to the word "Bluetooth." Look for the security tab, and change it to low. Now it won't require a passkey.

A way to do it under a standard level of security (the default) is to enter a passkey of your choice (this "sets" the passkey), then look for the corresponding window to come up on your Palm or what ever device you are pairing with. Enter the same passkey, and all should go smoothly at that poing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions