PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jawbone II not exactly ON topic.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33978)

Compusmurf 08-04-2008 11:04 PM

Jawbone II not exactly ON topic....

Ok, it's not exactly ON topic, but I do use it with my Sprint touch.

I got the Jawbone II, the sound quality was totally awesome, but the FIT sucked.... Maybe I just have odd ears.

I got a custom earmold done and had a custom fit earpiece made for it.

OMG, world of difference.

So, if you have the JB II or any other headset you really, really love and can't live without... This is a must!

I got mine thru averysound.com, but there are many places that can do it, including many of your local hearing folks. Audiologists can do it too.

Not overly pricy, but for the ultimate in comfort and fit, that's the ONLY way to go.

jaredakelly 08-05-2008 12:20 AM

Re: Jawbone II not exactly ON topic....

wow thats cool. i didn't know they did that. i have the jawbone 1 and my experience with them is that molded earpieces are a must! i can't wait to get the jawbone 2. how do you like it? is the noise reduction good or is it just hype? my jawbone 1 isn't as good as the videos show.

gorelow 08-05-2008 01:33 AM

the problem ive had with this is its inconsistency. one minute i can drive on the freeway wiht the window down and people can only hear me but then ill be talking in my house and people say the connection sucks. also been told my voice goes in and out. any problems with these?

Compusmurf 08-05-2008 01:42 AM

Jawbone I had issues with wind noise.

Jawbone II seems to fix that. about the voice going in and out, if that little pad thing isn't resting on your cheek well, that will happen. it's very important that it maintains contact the whole time.

cortez 08-05-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 371788)
the problem ive had with this is its inconsistency. one minute i can drive on the freeway wiht the window down and people can only hear me but then ill be talking in my house and people say the connection sucks. also been told my voice goes in and out. any problems with these?

i've noticed this happens to me when the white button isn't touching my face. when someone on the other ends says they can't hear me, i make sure the JB II is firmly against my face and it seems to correct the problem.

FastRX8 08-05-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compusmurf (Post 371624)
Ok, it's not exactly ON topic, but I do use it with my Sprint touch.

I got the Jawbone II, the sound quality was totally awesome, but the FIT sucked.... Maybe I just have odd ears.

I got a custom earmold done and had a custom fit earpiece made for it.

OMG, world of difference.

So, if you have the JB II or any other headset you really, really love and can't live without... This is a must!

I got mine thru averysound.com, but there are many places that can do it, including many of your local hearing folks. Audiologists can do it too.

Not overly pricy, but for the ultimate in comfort and fit, that's the ONLY way to go.

I have a Jawbone II. I don't really have an issue w/ the fitment, but I wouldn't mind loosing the hook.
Do you need the over-the-ear hook w/ a custom ear piece?
I'm only 10 mins from Averysound. This seems like an interesting option.

Siflan 08-05-2008 10:40 AM

I still have my old JB and it works like a charm. And I've been thinkin' about purchasin' the JB II, but I'll wait'll the pro comes out & get it as an "added" gift. :)

Compusmurf 08-05-2008 12:47 PM

nope, no earhook needed. They even suggest they take it off.

No matter what I tried, I couldn't "shake" or knock it out of my ear.

Now I'm considering a SET for my nice Shure earplugs. To spend the $ or not to. That's the question now... hmmm

jaredakelly 08-05-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compusmurf (Post 372216)
nope, no earhook needed. They even suggest they take it off.

No matter what I tried, I couldn't "shake" or knock it out of my ear.

Now I'm considering a SET for my nice Shure earplugs. To spend the $ or not to. That's the question now... hmmm

how comfortable is it? how long can you keep it on before it gets uncomfortable

Compusmurf 08-05-2008 03:35 PM

Hahaha, well, I've been testing that today.

I have had it in my ear for 3 hours, then took it out, then for 1.5, and took it out.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try for "all day"

Very comfortable, but it WILL take some getting used to if you've never had custom ear pieces.

I've used them (custom earpiece) for shooting (nearly complete sound deadening) for years now, so I'm fairly comfortable wearing it.