PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jawbone II not exactly ON topic....

no matter what ive never not hads someone ***** to me about the wind noise. if i knew having it fitted for me would get the buton exactly where is should be. has any tries this for thew talking aspect and not to hear people better
Old 08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

well, I got it, which is why I posted. Mostly because I can't ever find a headset that FITS my ear. Jawbone II didn't fit, but it was much too nice sounding and quality to return. The jabra eargel trick didn't work well for me because I couldn't find one that fit my ear. This turned out to be the best option yet.
Oh, my coworker wanted to see if the orig jawbone "fit" my earpiece that was custom for the JBII, and it did. I'll keep my JBII.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Almost a VIP

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

so im stil not getting it. when you got it fitted did tjhe talk quality increase as well. did it cut out all wind and background noise?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

why would it do that? Custom fitting allows for a better fit, doesn't affect the operation of the headset. If it doesn't fit in your ear, this is a better solution to the little crappy earplugs that come with it. Your in the ear volume will be ALOT louder as the sound is piped right into your ear, but what the other person hears will NOT be changed.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

the jawbone noise cancelling works when your cheek is against the inner side of the headset

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Almost a VIP

im saying that because they said the ear has to be positioned perfectly or the voice piece wont fit exactly where it should against the cheek. as far as ive experienced the hearing has been okay but i though fixing that to what you did would get it to rest against my cheek. its just beeen sporadic with people hearing me and then not so much nthe next time and the wind has always been a problem
Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

oh, ok, mine is most definitely resting against my cheek and that with this earpiece, it pretty much cannot move at all without pulling the actual headset out of your ear.

The place I ordered guaranteed fit or they would replace it. they also have the JBII and various other headsets there to do the testing with it. So I had no doubt it would work fine.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP

wow im amazed your people cant hear wind. i cant wait to try that. i actually live ion san francisco. im thining of actually just going to their corporate and having them help me fit it perfectly. probably wont get past the front door
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok, if you're talking about other folks hearing wind noise from YOUR headset, not much can actually fix that without about 3cm foam surrounding your microphone portion. You'd look rather, um, 'dorky' like that. You've probably seen the boom mics on camera systems with the big furry wind block, same effect.

Almost every headset in the world will be plagued with this. Nature of the beast. Some are better than others. JBII ok, JB I, not so good.

Averysound can probably make the impression but they'll send it out to a fabrication laboratory that does the actual cutting/die/or whatever it is they do. The impression takes the mold of your ear, but that's NOT the actual material they make the headset out of. I'm sure the lab takes the impression, makes yet another mold and uses computer controlled milling machine to make the actual hole and such. On the final piece, I suspect the only thing made by "hand" was my original mold and them inserting it in the baggie.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP

sounds `way too much trouble to hear my friends better. they dont say very important things anyway. just wanted to fing a way for them to stop complaining to me how bad the call sounds on their end but thanks for the info\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions