PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

javier is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mail2web issues

Is anyone else having issues with mail2web after using one of the new ROMs? I can't connect to the server anymore, no matter what. I have used the cpf file that worked before, I have created a new cpf file with no joy.

thank you in advanced...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

firegeek is becoming a great contributor
Re: mail2web issues

Over the last few days, I have been having sync issues with them. So, I'm not sure it's rom related. But then again, I am having no luck with it either today.

E.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Make sure to run IOTA before you try to connect!
If you don't that can cause the issue you are describing.
Mail2Web is working fine for me on these ROMS in the last three days.
DCD 2.2
No2Chem pre8
Sprint 3.56.651.0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

firegeek is becoming a great contributor

Ok, now that's odd. I thought I had run the IOTA, but did again, and now it's syncing just fine. Thanks.

E.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Yah , it's quirky... If activesync starts trying to sync before IOTA is all done it locks up and you need to run it again. Glad it helped
Old 07-18-2008, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nydriek is a n00b

I had the same issues, then I tried without SSL and it worked fine.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was just thinking about asking this same question. I have been having problems all week with mail2web I cant sync through my PC. I have tried every trick I know to try and sync my 800w, I will try to get mail2web set up through my 6700 just as soon as I get home. If I cant get my 6700 to sync I will move this thread to general discussion so we can see how many others are having problems. Here is what I am seeing, I can sync most of the time and I am getting my emails through my sprint connection, a couple of time it wouldn't sync but the majority of the time its fine. But when I try to connect through ActivSync I get a connection error. Is that whats happening to you?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
I was just thinking about asking this same question. I have been having problems all week with mail2web I cant sync through my PC. I have tried every trick I know to try and sync my 800w, I will try to get mail2web set up through my 6700 just as soon as I get home. If I cant get my 6700 to sync I will move this thread to general discussion so we can see how many others are having problems. Here is what I am seeing, I can sync most of the time and I am getting my emails through my sprint connection, a couple of time it wouldn't sync but the majority of the time its fine. But when I try to connect through ActivSync I get a connection error. Is that whats happening to you?
This is the error I have been getting for the past two days. I thought it was the ROM, I cooked about 5 and it still wasnt working. But this is ther error i got.

Error 0x85010017
ActiveSync may not synchronize data with Microsoft Outlook, and this may result in synchronization error 0x85010017. This error might be caused by the presence of a large volume of items in the first synchronization. Or, the error might result from specific large items, such as calendar items with many meeting attendees.

Some specific causes of this error have been resolved in ActiveSync 4.5. If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP SP1, upgrade to ActiveSync 4.5. Or, you can archive your inbox to reduce the number of items in the mailbox that are synchronized.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

I had this exact issue., both OTA and connected via USB, all day today. It briefly alllowed ther sync to happen around 1:30 but then no go again. Very strange.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

Yeah I've been having this issue too over the past couple days.

I thought it might have something to do on their end.

I changed some server settings, thinking it's on their end, and it seemed to work with the new settings.

For everyone that's still having issues try this:

First delete the exchange server completely from Activesync, then procede with these values...

Email Address = youremailaddress@mail2web.com

Check the box that says automatically find exchange settings.

Old User Name: myemailaddress_mail2web.com
New User Name: myemailaddress@mail2web.com

Check the box that says save password.

Old Server Name: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com
New Server Name: exchange.mail2web.com

Check the box that says server requires SSL connection.

Also, when using the old user name (myemailaddress_mail2web.com), I would also have to input ad2 for the domain. Using the new user name, this is not necessary.

The second I made these changes, it immediately connected and went through fine.

GC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions