PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   mail2web issues (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32329)

javier 07-18-2008 02:40 PM

mail2web issues

Is anyone else having issues with mail2web after using one of the new ROMs? I can't connect to the server anymore, no matter what. I have used the cpf file that worked before, I have created a new cpf file with no joy.

thank you in advanced...

firegeek 07-18-2008 02:42 PM

Re: mail2web issues

Over the last few days, I have been having sync issues with them. So, I'm not sure it's rom related. But then again, I am having no luck with it either today.

E.

The Doctor 07-18-2008 02:47 PM

Make sure to run IOTA before you try to connect!
If you don't that can cause the issue you are describing.
Mail2Web is working fine for me on these ROMS in the last three days.
DCD 2.2
No2Chem pre8
Sprint 3.56.651.0

firegeek 07-18-2008 02:51 PM

Ok, now that's odd. I thought I had run the IOTA, but did again, and now it's syncing just fine. Thanks.

E.

The Doctor 07-18-2008 02:58 PM

Yah , it's quirky... If activesync starts trying to sync before IOTA is all done it locks up and you need to run it again. Glad it helped:)

nydriek 07-18-2008 02:59 PM

I had the same issues, then I tried without SSL and it worked fine.

Big D5 07-18-2008 03:11 PM

I was just thinking about asking this same question. I have been having problems all week with mail2web I cant sync through my PC. I have tried every trick I know to try and sync my 800w, I will try to get mail2web set up through my 6700 just as soon as I get home. If I cant get my 6700 to sync I will move this thread to general discussion so we can see how many others are having problems. Here is what I am seeing, I can sync most of the time and I am getting my emails through my sprint connection, a couple of time it wouldn't sync but the majority of the time its fine. But when I try to connect through ActivSync I get a connection error. Is that whats happening to you?

bb2ppc 07-18-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D5 (Post 352338)
I was just thinking about asking this same question. I have been having problems all week with mail2web I cant sync through my PC. I have tried every trick I know to try and sync my 800w, I will try to get mail2web set up through my 6700 just as soon as I get home. If I cant get my 6700 to sync I will move this thread to general discussion so we can see how many others are having problems. Here is what I am seeing, I can sync most of the time and I am getting my emails through my sprint connection, a couple of time it wouldn't sync but the majority of the time its fine. But when I try to connect through ActivSync I get a connection error. Is that whats happening to you?

This is the error I have been getting for the past two days. I thought it was the ROM, I cooked about 5 and it still wasnt working. But this is ther error i got.

Error 0x85010017
ActiveSync may not synchronize data with Microsoft Outlook, and this may result in synchronization error 0x85010017. This error might be caused by the presence of a large volume of items in the first synchronization. Or, the error might result from specific large items, such as calendar items with many meeting attendees.

Some specific causes of this error have been resolved in ActiveSync 4.5. If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP SP1, upgrade to ActiveSync 4.5. Or, you can archive your inbox to reduce the number of items in the mailbox that are synchronized.

spetrillo 07-18-2008 04:13 PM

I had this exact issue., both OTA and connected via USB, all day today. It briefly alllowed ther sync to happen around 1:30 but then no go again. Very strange.

gc14 07-18-2008 04:27 PM

Yeah I've been having this issue too over the past couple days.

I thought it might have something to do on their end.

I changed some server settings, thinking it's on their end, and it seemed to work with the new settings.

For everyone that's still having issues try this:

First delete the exchange server completely from Activesync, then procede with these values...

Email Address = youremailaddress@mail2web.com

Check the box that says automatically find exchange settings.

Old User Name: myemailaddress_mail2web.com
New User Name: myemailaddress@mail2web.com

Check the box that says save password.

Old Server Name: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com
New Server Name: exchange.mail2web.com

Check the box that says server requires SSL connection.

Also, when using the old user name (myemailaddress_mail2web.com), I would also have to input ad2 for the domain. Using the new user name, this is not necessary.

The second I made these changes, it immediately connected and went through fine.

GC