PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
An Open Letter to HTC

I signed up with Sprint a year ago and bought a Treo 700wx. It was a very nice phone. The Mogul got a lot of hype, however, and the specs looked good on paper so I paid full price for it and I couldn't even tolerate it three months. It was deathly slow. Even slower than T-Mobile's MDA. It constantly ran out of memory, DirectDraw had a serious flaw and not a single bluetooth device I owned, be it the keyboard, GPS unit or headset, would pair with the phone. Bluetooth has been a standard for what, 150 years? How could you possibly screw that up? But you did and by three months I hated that phone. I threw it away and bought, again at full price (thanks for nothing, Sprint), a Touch. It had plenty of memory and it was pretty snappy but, as is par for HTC, there was a serious flaw in DirectDraw that prevented video from playing at more than 1 frame per second, more or less. The same as with the Mogul. Windows Media Player didn't even work correctly. Seriously, how do you not notice that the main OS media player doesn't work? I wrote a letter complaining about how bad HTC's "multimedia phone" was at multimedia and received a questionaire about the problem which I promptly filled in and sent back. Nothing more was heard until I read that HTC was going to fix the bug. Several weeks later I read that the official "fix" from HTC was to buy the next phone.

HTC, that's the definition of the word "Bulls**t".

I've owned HTC phones for years and every single one of them had at least one serious design flaw, be it hardware or software, that was never properly addressed. The Orange E-200, for example, that had the joystick nub that went bad after 3 or 4 months of use and cost well over $100 to repair. I'm sure you remember that. The part cost you what, $3? Or the T-Mobile MDA that was unbelievably slow and forced you to realign the screen 3, 4, 5 or more times a day. Even the second and third replacement sent by T-Mobile had the same problem. There's two more examples on top of the Mogul and Touch and I have several others I'm not going to waste time on.

Well, HTC, I'm not buying the "bug fix" for the Touch which, in itself, was the "bug fix" for the Mogul. In fact, I'm not buying an HTC phone again. Instead, I've bought an iPhone. It could just as easily have been a new Blackberry or SonyEriccson but I went with the iPhone for the fun of it. Sure, it doesn't have all the features of Windows Mobile. Sure, it doesn't have all the applications available to Windows Mobile. Sure, it has it's share of problems and once again Apple and AT&T botched the launch. But you know what it does have that HTC phones do not? Of course you don't, it's SUPPORT. Two days after I bought the iPhone, I installed a bug fix that didn't affect my phone but I wanted to try the restore function of the phone. Two days! Bug fix! Do you know the maximum number of bug fixes I've ever had to apply to an HTC phone? I do: one. Because that's all that was made available, certainly not because it fixed all the bugs. That's actually laughable.

It's obvious by now that HTC could not possibly care any less about it's customer base. In fact, I'd say HTC has amply demonstrated that it cares about nothing beyond it's bottom line. Keep pushing out flawed equipment to keep that money flowing in and the sheep will keep buying it. Well I'm not buying it any longer. Whatever replaces the Touch, multiply that by three and that's how much you won't be getting from me. Do the same for each new phone you push out the door that I also won't be buying. Three because I bought an iPhone to replace the Touch and later this week I'm also buying my wife and son iPhones to replace their Touches. Oh, I realize it's a drop in the bucket and I'm sure this will be met with all the usual half-witted, knee-jerk replies from your fanboyz, but that only matters if you care and I couldn't care less. Just like you, HTC. Enjoy.

Goodbye HTC.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Re: An Open Letter to HTC

I guess we will all reach this level
of dissapointment one day.

If it wasnt for all the rom chefs out there
then we would all probally get iphones.

I havent been an htc user for as long as you have
but there are days that I am impressed and days that
I am dissapointed with htc.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

JacobWW60 is keeping up the good workJacobWW60 is keeping up the good work

That's hardcore bro! I'll be honest though, I'm heavily debating switching to a blackberry right now!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

This is kind of funny considering that Apple's response to their customers asking for features like 3G, MMS and better application support was to buy a new phone.....
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
I signed up with Sprint a year ago and bought a Treo 700wx. It was a very nice phone. The Mogul got a lot of hype, however, and the specs looked good on paper so I paid full price for it and I couldn't even tolerate it three months. It was deathly slow. Even slower than T-Mobile's MDA. It constantly ran out of memory, DirectDraw had a serious flaw and not a single bluetooth device I owned, be it the keyboard, GPS unit or headset, would pair with the phone. Bluetooth has been a standard for what, 150 years? How could you possibly screw that up? But you did and by three months I hated that phone. I threw it away and bought, again at full price (thanks for nothing, Sprint), a Touch. It had plenty of memory and it was pretty snappy but, as is par for HTC, there was a serious flaw in DirectDraw that prevented video from playing at more than 1 frame per second, more or less. The same as with the Mogul. Windows Media Player didn't even work correctly. Seriously, how do you not notice that the main OS media player doesn't work? I wrote a letter complaining about how bad HTC's "multimedia phone" was at multimedia and received a questionaire about the problem which I promptly filled in and sent back. Nothing more was heard until I read that HTC was going to fix the bug. Several weeks later I read that the official "fix" from HTC was to buy the next phone.

HTC, that's the definition of the word "Bulls**t".

I've owned HTC phones for years and every single one of them had at least one serious design flaw, be it hardware or software, that was never properly addressed. The Orange E-200, for example, that had the joystick nub that went bad after 3 or 4 months of use and cost well over $100 to repair. I'm sure you remember that. The part cost you what, $3? Or the T-Mobile MDA that was unbelievably slow and forced you to realign the screen 3, 4, 5 or more times a day. Even the second and third replacement sent by T-Mobile had the same problem. There's two more examples on top of the Mogul and Touch and I have several others I'm not going to waste time on.

Well, HTC, I'm not buying the "bug fix" for the Touch which, in itself, was the "bug fix" for the Mogul. In fact, I'm not buying an HTC phone again. Instead, I've bought an iPhone. It could just as easily have been a new Blackberry or SonyEriccson but I went with the iPhone for the fun of it. Sure, it doesn't have all the features of Windows Mobile. Sure, it doesn't have all the applications available to Windows Mobile. Sure, it has it's share of problems and once again Apple and AT&T botched the launch. But you know what it does have that HTC phones do not? Of course you don't, it's SUPPORT. Two days after I bought the iPhone, I installed a bug fix that didn't affect my phone but I wanted to try the restore function of the phone. Two days! Bug fix! Do you know the maximum number of bug fixes I've ever had to apply to an HTC phone? I do: one. Because that's all that was made available, certainly not because it fixed all the bugs. That's actually laughable.

It's obvious by now that HTC could not possibly care any less about it's customer base. In fact, I'd say HTC has amply demonstrated that it cares about nothing beyond it's bottom line. Keep pushing out flawed equipment to keep that money flowing in and the sheep will keep buying it. Well I'm not buying it any longer. Whatever replaces the Touch, multiply that by three and that's how much you won't be getting from me. Do the same for each new phone you push out the door that I also won't be buying. Three because I bought an iPhone to replace the Touch and later this week I'm also buying my wife and son iPhones to replace their Touches. Oh, I realize it's a drop in the bucket and I'm sure this will be met with all the usual half-witted, knee-jerk replies from your fanboyz, but that only matters if you care and I couldn't care less. Just like you, HTC. Enjoy.

Goodbye HTC.

I'm really starting to feel the same way my friend. My last try is going to be the Touch Pro (Raphael). If that doesn't cut it, then it's goodbye HTC!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Wow, it sounds like someone is a bit upset. What happened to your phone?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

hahaha bra, i SO feel ya.
htc mogul= def. FAIL.

thats why im getting the 800w from palm.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

As much as I hate HTC. I think I will have more issue with Iphone. first of all they don't offfer insurance, I go thought a new phone very other month (thanks, sprint). I already hate AT&T for not offer insurance already then the plan that they're offering with the Iphone not in a million that I will let go of my sero plan and switch over. Iphone still got no cut and paste? no video recording? and not a whole lot of cool programs out there. so, all and all no one is perfect for now I will just ganna deal with HTC craps. Someday my man someday when sprint offer the Iphone 5 I will switch over. for now, I will have to do with what I have the Touch. By the way, I love tomtom don't think Iphone offer that....do they?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

billy54554 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to billy54554

I totally agree with markg. I am tired of my Mogul but, I do like the custom roms you can flash to the thing but not enough to keep it. I like WM devices so, I am UPGRADING to the Treo 800w and the iPhone 3G. Like I said I like WM but not on the Mogul. I am on my third one. I want an iPhone simply because its cool. I have a MAC and a PC in my office at home and what doesnt work on the PC, always work on my MAC so I think I will have the best of both worlds in my pockets. LOL....=D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions