PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: An Open Letter to HTC

i feel ya bro, im not having a pull your hair out situation like a lot of people, but im gonna see how the touch pro turns out, if not, then im jumping to an omnia, or a xperia cuz i want to remain in windows mobile but leave HTC
Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Claro Dominicana

el_venga is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to el_venga

i agree about htc being a PITA some times but not everything is lost...until they go into bankrupt. i have been an htc user for over a year, my first was an apache and i loved it, now i got a titan and its really annoying sometimes, stupid drivers from htc ruined everything.
FYI: xperia is htc based, its just sony ericsson branded.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

I agree with your letter Mark.

The issue seems to be the entire Windows OS / third party hardware vendor paradigm. Neither the hardware manufacturer HTC nor the OS provider MS have much control over each other and obviously there are gaps in between. The phone may have all this promised functionality but the code isn't there to put it to use. If it does arrive it's buggy or late to market.

The thing that gets me is all of the inconsistency and incompatibility just in MS products alone. For example, a simple HTML email containing one URL sent from desktop Outlook gets trashed and displays incorrectly in pocket Outlook. Things like Hotmail's website don't work at all with pocket IE. Try going there. It tells you to go download Internet Explorer or Safari. If you go to gmail on your mobile it's aware that you're using a mobile browser and customizes your experience.

The only people making my HTC Titan useable and tolerable are the ROM creators and third party software providers.

[pt]
Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

The letter is even understating the problems with HTC. I myself went through 4 moguls in a year. From the begining this phone stunk. I don't know where to start to mention all the problems with this phone. They should have not released it in the first place and put more memory when they decided to throw on WM6 in the first place. That itself shows lack of care to their customers. The main reason I think most of us stuck with it all this time is that there was nothing sprint had that was comparable to the features of the Mogul. I just got the Treo 800w and boy I feel like a battered wife who was in denial all this time. I used to think it was windows mobile and all phones with WM have these issues. WRONG! The treo actually works great and all the my simple expectation of having the device proform as advertised are satisfied.

Microsoft should pull HTC from making devices with their OS, they are giving them a bad name.

Last edited by miketab; 07-15-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Doesn't htc make the palm w800 I know they made the 650 and 750.

Are you telling me that the w800 has the video driver right, and NO glitches?

My guess is by the time you have it for a couple months, something will rear it's ugly head.

The i-phone is a great piece of work, and I don't blame you for liking it, however, for me, I like having more options, even if that means everything isn't perfect, then so be it. And on that note, thank God for the ppcgeeks community, I would not be nearly as happy if it wasn't for the work done here and xda, that brings our phones to a more acceptable polished level.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Verizon

snake0721 is a n00b

While I DO understand why you'd be upset and discharging over such an issue, (especially the MONEY part), I just don't understand why the disdain.

If you've owned several smartphones before the Mogul OR Touch, I would think you'd be better at judging the tech specs to performance ratio. I really couldn't see this being thier fault in any way unless they somewhere posted an ad saying otherwise. And considering your staggering history with their previous phones, I would think you'd be more skeptical when buying thier product. I would not go into McDonald's anymore if every time I order a Bigmac it's missing something, didn't taste right or whatever. But I applaud you for finally making the move, I'm just wondering why it took so long.

The media player thing, must be a bad egg issue. I have no problems with mine whatsoever. maybe I just purchased the golden egg? lol

I really don't think switching to an apple iPhone is going to fix anything, or really to any phone for that matter. If the companies shot out perfect phones that had everything you want, then how would they get you to get a new one? that's just bad business in terms of profit. the iPhone is going to have problems as well, hopefully for your case, they are bareable issues, so you won't be caught switching carriers/phones constantly. While its a rational idea to get what you pay for, sadly, there are limits to these pipedreams, there are always going to be downfalls to every product.

I honestly love my Mogul, but I can't wait to buy the Touch Pro when it comes out.

Best of luck with your new phone though.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake0721 View Post
I honestly love my Mogul, but I can't wait to buy the Touch Pro when it comes out.
I have to second your comment, I have had no problems with my Mogul, maybe I am one of the lucky ones. I cannot wait for the to Touch Pro to come out either.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
I have to second your comment, I have had no problems with my Mogul, maybe I am one of the lucky ones. I cannot wait for the to Touch Pro to come out either.

I have to agree with both of you. I've had my Touch since the second day it was available, and the only problems I've had have been self inflicted. But I also don't use my phone to watch video, either. Even with that, I still love my Touch and I have no plans to abandon it any time soon.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mkosirog is a n00b

I think all that ranting is a little unfair to HTC. I have a Touch since a while and not a single problem. Like any other PDA/PPC device it needs time to be set up correctly.

I like what HTC has done with the Touch.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

rickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to rickyrecaro

well sounds like you should of stopped at the first htc, not hating or making fun but honestly what was the point of posting this here. think maybe this should have been an iphone furom. going to have to say i have never experience any of these issues cause i have ppcgeeks.com for customer support for my htc... sorry you guys feel this way, hope your new life goes well with your iphone. if not your always welcome back

(p.s. this is my first htc phone, and they just made a lifer out of me)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions