PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Lurker

pavel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprints Best Smart Phone

I can't decide which sprint smart phone I want. My choices are PPC-6700, BlackBerry® 8703e, Treo™ 700p (or 700wx, I don't know the difference) and last the MOTO Q.

I do not have a business, I am a student who likes to stay organized and want a phone with a camera and easy typing for memos, emails, word documents and text messages. I also want a phone that doesn't freeze up (not slow), has WIFI, touchscreen and I can show off to my friends!
Can somebody please help me decide on a good phone?
-pavel
Old 03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dienalive is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dienalive
differences

first off 700p is palm and 700wx is windows. q is windows smart phone(watered down windows with no touch screen) palm, blackberry, and windows smartphone are for everyday users. I personnaly would go with 6700(windows mobile for ppc) or treo 700wx. they offer the most kewlness!! you can SO customize them. I use 6700.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I wouldn't say the Smartphone version of WM5 is exactly "watered down", it does everything the regular version sans touchscreen and doc editing natively (you can add that with the actually superior Docs to Go software). Other than that they run and do the same.

Personally I like the Q the best and I think for a student it's the easiest and simplest to carry around. A 6700 is great, but honestly when you're out Friday and Saturday night you do NOT want that thing attached to your hip.

You'll look like the biggest dork in the world. In that sense, the Q is the "sexiest" of all the devices since it's so slim. It also has a great screen.

One caveat: you said you need Wifi: the Q can't do Wifi. So if you really need that then the Q is out. Treo 700wx can do Wifi with a SDIO card. It's okay like that, not great. Only the 6700 has it natively and it works very well.

You could also wait till May for the 755p which is a PalmOS updated/slim version of the 700p. I have no idea if it'll be good or not though.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:37 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
From what you say you need then the PPC-6700 is what you need. It has native docs editing, wi-fi, and touchscreen.

The PPC-6700 is the only one that has all that out-of-the-box. Also, the Palm OS and Blackberrys won't really be good to 'show off' (bites me why you'd buy a phone to show off instead of functionality/value), they are more business-oriented devices.

Windows Mobile devices definately offer the most 'candy' available, like skinning of the Today bars, extent customization of the Today screen, etc.

I'm not too familiar with Palm OS and BB, but I'm almost positive they don't offer as many 'candy' possibilities due to their intended market.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dienalive is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dienalive
oops

what I meant by "watered down" was no wifi and no touchscreen. oops. I like the "sexy" term. the q is damn sexy. thinking about it myself. the 6700 is a brick but does have wifi which is outstanding.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions