PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can I remove Auto Complete? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30465)

Oxymoron238 06-27-2008 09:52 PM

Can I remove Auto Complete?

I really REALLY don't like Auto Complete (I'd rather learn to type faster on the keyboard instead of selecting suggested words). Is there any way to completely remove auto complete from all of my keyboards?

I have gone into the input options and turned auto complete and suggested words off, but it still pops up on some of my keyboards. Is there any way to get this off? I have a registry editor, so any registry tweaking solutions will work fine.

I'm running an Alltel HTC Touch with Windows Mobile 6 Professional. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Oxymoron238 06-30-2008 01:34 PM

Re: Can I remove Auto Complete?

I've tried to delete the registry keys that relate to word suggestions in the SIP folder, but it didn't seem to do anything. Has anyone else tried to get rid of auto complete?

chicubs3794 06-30-2008 02:07 PM

if your using the diamond keyboard...
ITS ON THE ACTUAL KEYBOARD!!!! hahahaha
switch to T9
that makes it normal.....weird, i know.

Oxymoron238 06-30-2008 02:28 PM

Yeah, most keyboards have the auto complete settings in their options, but my problem is this; when I turn off the auto complete option, it still remains on.

Really, I wanted to get auto complete off of my Letter Recognizer. It wasn't on there before, but now its there and it won't turn off, regardless of whether or not the word suggestion box is checked.

Thanks for your help though! I really appreciate it!

Oxymoron238 07-01-2008 07:01 PM

Anyone else? I really need some help...

If I can't get auto complete off, is there any way for me to clear out my built in dictionary or anything? Can anyone at all help me?

akashastrega 07-02-2008 03:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 333391)
Anyone else? I really need some help...

If I can't get auto complete off, is there any way for me to clear out my built in dictionary or anything? Can anyone at all help me?

Szilamar made a reg entry over at xda which killed the T9 for me (My Hero!!). I have an HTC Wiz but I will assume that it can work on your device. I hope this helps. If so, pass it forward. **Props go to xda and Szilamar for this.

Oxymoron238 07-02-2008 01:11 PM

It worked! Thanks man! You're the best!!

akashastrega 07-02-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 334319)
It worked! Thanks man! You're the best!!

Its WOman...and glad that it worked...please pass my good deed forward.

Oxymoron238 07-02-2008 07:11 PM

Oh okay, sorry about that. And I will! Thanks again!

enpjp 08-18-2008 03:50 AM

This was really helpful. I've been struggling to turn off the autocomplete on my XDA for some time. Impossible to use an external keyboard with it on!