PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DO I need to ditch sprint?

Ok, so heres the deal. Ive been an avid sprint user for quite a while. Very happy with my sero.

But my recent transfer has me in a dilema. Sprint coverage is ok.. 3 bars when I go into town. But where I live (which strangely is only a couple miles from the interstate) I barely get 1 bar, and when I walk into the house, I lose that.

I have a gophone that Im going to try and see if the at*t has a better signal here.

Sprints website says signal strength here is "Fair" Att website says its good to best.

Any solutions, or do I have to decide between the two. And that being said, Does the ATT PPC's have the same capability to tether as the sprint sero PPCs?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: DO I need to ditch sprint?

Compared to Sprint (esp SERO), ATT data plans are pretty expensive! But that being said, in the end it's all about coverage.

I'd go with the company that gives you coverage where you use the phone the most. This probably will make alot of Sprint fans very angry, but what good is a cheap data plan (SERO) if it doesn't work where you need it.

(BTW, I am with Sprint myself)
Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

are you going to have a broadband connection @ your new place. If so check out the airave from sprint. Read the FAQ's on it some people forget to read before ranting about the $15 monthly unlimited fee. The fee is only if you want unlimited on your current plan while in (Airave range). Once you buy and activate the device $45-$50 one time fee for the device. It creates a mini cell tower that will give you full bars for about a 5,000sq foot raonge from the device. You can use data text anything you can on regular sprint phones but without the $15 added plan for airave to your current plan you will be charged usage based on what your current bill is. (i.e. sero 500 min plan u still only have 500 anytime min to use) The airave will be updated later this year to provide EVDO speeds to your cell currently 1xrtt supports up 2 3 callers @ the same time. Works on any sprint based CDMA phone calls started in airave range tranfer to regular sprint without having to hang up and re-dial out... calls made on sprint will not transfer to airave without re calling the person inside airave range.

http://www.sprintenterprise.com/airave/
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

This is another option, you can try looking into a cell phone signal amp for the home.

Here is one example:
http://www.repeaterstore.com/product...boost-800.html
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions