PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Running C&C in PocketDos need help, will return favor!

hey guys! i've been getting so into my PPC lately... ive had my 6700 for over a year now.. i mostly use it for phone purposes but once in awhile i stumble onto this site and notice a new upgrade. Then im headlong into the upgrade and all types of mods and addons and hacks and before i know it ive spent an entire week on my pc... NOTHING takes up so much of my time as configuring my ppc... and the worst part is... once its setup to my satisfaction i'll probably get bored quickly...

I digress...

Heres what i need help on if anyone can (or cant) help me i'll help them if they want to start playing these games. Once i get em working i'll post the whole thing in a neat package so you dont need to download 15 different programs to get a game working.

So i own C&C for dos ive owned it since 1996!! I love the series, so when i heard someone had some luck playing C&C on their PPC i wanted to try. So i used dosbox for XP to install C&C onto my hd. Then i tried to get it to run without the cd (if anyone knows where i can get a crack for this game i will LOVE you!) I was able to get it running by copying the entire cd to a folder and telling DOSBOX to mount that folder as a cdrom drive. Im learning.

SO i did that and it worked, i played a little bit on my pc and got nostalgic. So then i copied the folders over to my PPC i put the C&C install right on that storage card in the folder C&C then i put the entire NOD CD into a subfolder of C&C called NOD. (maybe i should try moving the NOD cd to the root of the card)

Anyways i ran PocketDos... i tried to mount the NOD folder as a cd drive but im not sure if it took or not.. or if its even possible with PocketDos. So i just decided to run the game... and i got a bunch of errors. Anyone know anything more on this?

If anyone wants i will upload the C&C game. Keep in mind EA made this game FREE for anyone to download the problem is they updated it to run on Win95 which wont work for us PPC people (will it?) So i used my old dos copy.

Help guys!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Running C&C in PocketDos need help, will return favor!

Ok so i found a copy of C&C with a crack in it... i just took the crack out. (i own the game) So i wont be needing to emulate a cd drive. Now i have my C&C folder on the PPC's mem card with most of the cd-rom files on it so that it can run without a cd.

So i go to run it with Pocket Dos and this is the message i get :

invalid op code 001A 09FE F200 0002 6E00 746F 7365 "--00"

That last number got cut off by the screen i only could see the ending two numbers.

Any help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions