PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gogetbo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get a Touch and lose this Mogul

this thing is really pissin me off. months ago I heard that Asurion was out of stock and replacing moguls with touches for those who agreed. I want to be one of those. Since I got a new job I do not use the keyboard as often and want a smaller phone with better battery life
Old 06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Re: How to get a Touch and lose this Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetbo View Post
this thing is really pissin me off. months ago I heard that Asurion was out of stock and replacing moguls with touches for those who agreed. I want to be one of those. Since I got a new job I do not use the keyboard as often and want a smaller phone with better battery life
Try the Sprint store if they are the same MSRP they should not have a problem doing it...

Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gogetbo is a n00b

i tried, no go. called asurion and they said that as long as the mogul is in stock that they will not ship me a touch. and of course the mogul they had in stock they said was reconditioned, that's AWESOME! $&@#*!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

how many moguls have you had replaced?... when i called my nearest store they were talkin about giving me a 4th, but i told them i don't want a phone that i'ma have to replace again in a month or 2. i told him i have very important emails sent to my phone and i can't afford to have a device which doesn't work properly and needs replacement every so often. i was very kind and really got the manager to sympathize with me.

My BS line to get a touch was "My touchscreen becomes unresponsive after i use my media player for about 30-40mins"
Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gogetbo is a n00b

the unresponsive touch screen thing is a good line, nobody's gonna sit around and test if it happens, haha.

i only had my mogul replaced once, and that was b/c of a cracked screen. i'm gonna take it in as soon as i can because this battery life issue is getting worse every day
Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

try trading it on craigslist. you may get a ring or 2. almost the perfect last resort.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 06-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gogetbo is a n00b

i am trying, but unfortunately i live in an area where i don't think that there will be much response. i'm also trying to sell my n810 and only spammers are responding
Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gogetbo is a n00b

well, i went to the nearest sprint store today. not a service center, but they pointed me to a relativley close one

but of course i knew it was going to be bad when i walked in and told them that I needed to talk to someone because i was having alot of trouble with my mogul. well the lady said, "that phone is so old i've never even heard of it, u need to upgrade"

it was at that point i nearly walked out, but i didn't. needless to say, nobody could help me there
Old 06-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: How to get a Touch and lose this Mogul

Quote:
well, i went to the nearest sprint store today. not a service center, but they pointed me to a relativley close one

but of course i knew it was going to be bad when i walked in and told them that I needed to talk to someone because i was having alot of trouble with my mogul. well the lady said, "that phone is so old i've never even heard of it, u need to upgrade"

it was at that point i nearly walked out, but i didn't. needless to say, nobody could help me there
it is old.... the phone is like a year old thats like be 100 years old in human years.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

i think the lady wanted to crook you into buying another phone... why would they even say something like that? Pathetic. Try calling customer service and speak with a supervisor, tell them you bought this phone under the impression that its the most powerful ppc-phone out on the market and all you've been having is problems. Now, if you haven't had it replaced before, there is a good chance they will want to send you another mogul, just relate to them that you have important business coming in on your phone on an hourly basis and you can't afford for something else to go wrong and it would be ridiculous to have to backup your phone every hour.

Tell them you know the touch is a step down from the mogul since it has no hard keyboard or rev a, but your willing to take one because u need something reliable.

i do recommend using my "unresponsive touch screen after 30-40mins use of a program"... "thats not fair, that shouldn't happen"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions