PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:55 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12 - 16 GB MicroSD cards.. When?

Eventually I want to use my touch as an mp3 player. I have 10gb of mp3's (yes, I rightfully own each cd!) and I want a very large sd card for the touch, so I don't have to worry about picking and choosing which mp3s to carry with me. I'll just sync the entire music directory to the card.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

i want a 100 tyrabyte micro sd transflash card and i want to run my laptop os (vista) on it. i think that will be large enough for me
Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
i want a 100 tyrabyte micro sd transflash card and i want to run my laptop os (vista) on it. i think that will be large enough for me
I saw one of those at a swap-meet over the weekend. The guy wouldn't come down on price, though, so I p*****.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
so why would we need a sd card with that much data anyway? what are you putting on there? i used to want to get a 4 gig sd card, but ive had this touch since it came out and im barely halfway full with the 1 gig card i got.. an i store EVERYTHING.. so my q is why would you need 12-16 gigs for!?!
it's also for people who like to view large movie files, cause i have plenty. i got all of my micro SDHC cards from amazon.com plus the mobilemate card readers for dirt cheap. plus they pay for themselves in the long run as well. . and who would wanna pay $100 for a 4GB MSDHC out the sprint store? (your sig says it all, so that's why i go to amazon... not just about fundamental use of resources, but common sense as well.)
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 05-31-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Eventually I want to use my touch as an mp3 player. I have 10gb of mp3's (yes, I rightfully own each cd!) and I want a very large sd card for the touch, so I don't have to worry about picking and choosing which mp3s to carry with me. I'll just sync the entire music directory to the card.
I have 4, 6, and 8GB MSDHC cards, so i have no problem putting all of my media files in each of them. that's the beauty of owning more than one...

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 05-31-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:50 AM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
I have 4, 6, and 8GB MSDHC cards, so i have no problem putting all of my media files in each of them. that's the beauty of owning more than one...
I guess that's a good way of looking at it.

In my case, I didn't chase the curve with 4gb and 8gb cards, so I am willing to wait a bit longer for the next jump.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 05-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
some people, like myself use there ppc's for things other than email and text. I personally use my touch as a mp3 player when I am at the gym. I have 100s of gigs of music so a 16gig card would be sweet for me. I could fill that up in a half hr
How do you sync your music in 1/2 hour, I have a 4 gb micro and to fill it is almost 2 hrs.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:11 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
How do you sync your music in 1/2 hour, I have a 4 gb micro and to fill it is almost 2 hrs.
If I were to guess, it may have something to do with file size / bit rate. Low bit rate = lots of small files, where high bit rate = fewer files that are larger in size. What I don't know (for sure), is which method is going to be faster for a sdhc card. I would suspect that because Sustained Transfer Rate is lower for sdhc, that fewer larger files would fill up the card at a much slower pace.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

it has nothing to do with the bitrate, number of files really won't matter that much (although maybe a little).... the phone transfers very slowly, try using an actual card reader and plugging into usb, or getting a mass storage program which makes your phone act like a microsd card reader instead of going through activesync (the cause of the slowdown)....

also, different cards have different speeds, some microsd cards are faster than others....
Old 06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

how do they cram so much memory into such a tiny chip??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions