PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Friend's and my phones calling eachother. A Mystery...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27544)

ASurprise 05-25-2008 05:34 AM

Friend's and my phones calling eachother. A Mystery...?

For the past 2 nights between 3:10AM - 3:30AM my Sprint Touch has been getting calls that indicate the ID as a friend in my contacts list. This happned to me again last night/this morning, however my frriend also revieved a call indicating the ID was my phone. What's stranger still is that we both recieved the calls within 1 minute of eachother, and we both heard a garbled unintelligible voice saying a few words, then the call ended.... Anyone hav any clues ss to what could possibly be going on? I'd really like to know. and thanks in advance for any advice.

About our phones: They're both Sprint. Mine is a 2 month old Touch/6900, his is a 2 year old 6700.

D/\SH 05-25-2008 06:50 AM

Re: Friend's and my phones calling eachother. A Mystery...?

i forget what it is called but there is an app ofr 20 bucks a month someone can use a voice translator for and also make any number they want to appear on the caller id. i bet you have some friends that are messing with you guys....... search google for it your bound to find the site im talking bout......... as said they can do both of what you are talking about for 20 dollars a month or a one time use thing for a certain price.

EDGE23 05-25-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt19 (Post 294735)
i forget what it is called but there is an app ofr 20 bucks a month someone can use a voice translator for and also make any number they want to appear on the caller id. i bet you have some friends that are messing with you guys....... search google for it your bound to find the site im talking bout......... as said they can do both of what you are talking about for 20 dollars a month or a one time use thing for a certain price.

hahahah,, yeah thats it. i remember some one use one of those to call another friend with the number 666 666 6666.. it was hilarious.

MrChainsaw 05-25-2008 01:00 PM

www.telespoof.com even offers a free trial call. surely you are being messed with.

dzuchowski 05-25-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASurprise (Post 294727)
For the past 2 nights between 3:10AM - 3:30AM my Sprint Touch has been getting calls that indicate the ID as a friend in my contacts list. This happned to me again last night/this morning, however my frriend also revieved a call indicating the ID was my phone. What's stranger still is that we both recieved the calls within 1 minute of eachother, and we both heard a garbled unintelligible voice saying a few words, then the call ended.... Anyone hav any clues ss to what could possibly be going on? I'd really like to know. and thanks in advance for any advice.

About our phones: They're both Sprint. Mine is a 2 month old Touch/6900, his is a 2 year old 6700.

the only think i can think of is that your phone is in love with the other phone. myphone will often call a coworker of mine who i would love to date....