PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   enable phone mic + bluetooth? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26981)

Zenoran 05-19-2008 09:17 AM

enable phone mic + bluetooth?

I posted this on xda but no one responded... usually that means no one has any clue so I thought I would bring my question here too...

does anyone know if it's possible to enable the MIC in the phone while paired to a bluetooth headset?

responses appreciated.. thanks :)

TonyDiv 05-19-2008 04:34 PM

Re: enable phone mic + bluetooth?

Why would you possibly want to do this?
The bluetooth headset mic and the phone mic both picking up the sound would make a terrible echo.

Zenoran 05-19-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyDiv (Post 288305)
Why would you possibly want to do this?
The bluetooth headset mic and the phone mic both picking up the sound would make a terrible echo.

well i have a bluetooth car stereo but the mic isnt all that great in it. would be nice to be able to hear over car stereo but use mic in phone.

TonyDiv 05-21-2008 02:46 PM

So you not only want to enable the mic on the phone, you want to disable the mic on the stereo.

I've never heard of a way to do that, sorry.

tpeazy 05-21-2008 02:52 PM

I don't know if its possible to spilt the radio like that, although it may be. A program named palringo uses the device mic even if you are paired and using bluetooth. Something in the program addresses the the device mic and speaker. If you break down an app like this you may come up with a registry change that will help you accomplish what you want.....maybe.

medinatwin 05-21-2008 03:43 PM

How about another method? If your open to the idea... but without using the Bluetooth? It might be worthwile, but requires different hardware.

so here goes...

Hardware needed...
1 - FM Transmitter

2 - LG 2.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo Adapter (with MIC) - Any Sprint Store Carries this and they gave me mine for free, if your nice.

3 - RCA Y Adapter (comes with your mogul)

Connect all three together and set the FM transmitter to the station that you want to receive on and set the FM Transmitter to broadcast on the same one.

This should allow you to pickup a call with the LG adapter and the conversation will be picked up through your car radio.

DOWNSIDE!
Not Bluetooth.
You have to manually switch to that Radio Station.

UPSIDE!
You can also use your Mogul as an Ipod to stream your music through your car radio.

NOTE: IF your car has an Ipod plug, then you can use the LG and your adapter to plug directly into your radio, instead of the FM Transmitter.

HOPE THIS INFO HELPS!

LATE,
TWIN