PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: Sprint

serehart is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unwanted program starting

I work for a big service company that issues all it's technicians PPC6700s. We don't use them for phones, just to received job assignments via the online services. They are programmed by IBM so that whenever the unit is turned on, you have to log in with a user name and password and a field service program is opened. We want to start using them as phones, but because of this logon feature, they are very inconvenient. I can remove a program from the Windows Startup folder and after a soft reset the program doesn't start, but it still starts every time the unit is turned off and back on. Any ideas about how I can stop this program from loading every time I turn this thing on?

Last edited by serehart; 05-22-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Unwanted program starting

It looks like maybe they made a special rom for the 67.

Just checking:Is the program in the "remove program" listing...if not then it is part of the rom.

BTW: The 67 is either "on or stand by/sleep" the only way to turn "off" the 67 is to take out the battery...just dont let it go into "standby/sleep" only to turn off the backlight.

Go to Settings/Battery/Advance and uncheck the "On battery power/On External power" then adjust your "backlight" settings to turn off I have mine on 30sec battery/1min on a/c....or your battery is going to drain pretty fast.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 05-22-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

serehart is a n00b

The program is under "Remove Programs". I don't want to remove it though because I'm not sure how that will affect everything else. Users still need to logon, but i don't want the program to start until the user wants it too. I read something about a line in the code "CeRunAppAtEvent" and "NOTIFICATION_EVENT_WAKEUP" that might be written into it, and makes this program load at wakeup. Is this something that can be editted? How? Also, In Windows, in the "Services and Applications" area under "Computer Management", there is the "Services" menu where you can set the "startup" type. Can you access that area in Windows Mobile 5.0? Does a program like SKTools do this? We have over 400 6700s in the field. I was hoping for a free solution that I could walk anybody through.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Yea I dont want you to remove it...it is part of your job...just wanted to know if it was part of the rom....which it is not.

I still would not let your phone go to sleep/standby.....also not letting it do that ....will help alot on response to incoming calls...the delay will be alot shorter since the phone will be already on and people will not just hangup cause you never answered the phone or go to v-mail.

There is alot of freeware Register edit programs out there just do a googles...that might help you out....PHM RegEdit is a good one.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 05-22-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Also dotFred Task Manager (http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm) allows you to view the Notification Queue. Run the Task Manager, select Notifications, find the one that you don't want to run on Wakeup and remove it... backup your phone first using SPB Backup(http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/), just in case

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 05-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

serehart is a n00b

Thanks all for the help. Using Task manager, I was able to disable this notification.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions