PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   dOES ANYONE kNOW hOW i CAn GeT A REcORD OF mY TeXT MESSaGING? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26934)

shelovezlaw 05-18-2008 07:48 PM

dOES ANYONE kNOW hOW i CAn GeT A REcORD OF mY TeXT MESSaGING?

Today I called Sprint and I requested that they mail me a detailed copy of my text messages. They responded back by saying that they are unable to do so unless I have my local police department subpoena the records. What B/S? It is my account. So does anyone know another way areound this.

Please help!

Unknown Zone 05-18-2008 08:48 PM

Re: dOES ANYONE kNOW hOW i CAn GeT A REcORD OF mY TeXT MESSaGING?

I am glad Sprint stepped up to the plate..that is the right way to handle personal info....come on...with the name of "shelovezlaw" you should know better...lol 8)

You need to look at it from their point of view...really how do they know this is who they say they are...some one could have your info all that stuff...lets say..x wife/husband/x gf/bf or vice versa, list goes on and on. trying to set you up.

As for your past text records get a subpoena if that is the way sprint operates..that is the way it goes....anyway for your future texts adventures there are freeware programs...also..I been using Dashwire and it will d/l your texts when you sync...if you use Dash....just run it on the manual mode, it is a mem hog. I think it will run on your Treo

ScrapMaker 05-19-2008 03:09 AM

If you have a PPC phone, make regular backups. I have every text I have ever sent or received.

TonyDiv 05-20-2008 10:14 AM

Dashwire.com

Success100 05-20-2008 10:21 AM

yeah you have to understands sprints premise on this. I used to work at alltel, and you wouldnt believe how many wives and boyffriends and girlfriends and such tried to get one anothers records to catch someone cheating....not only does that open up a potential lawsuit for sprint because of privacy issues, but like stated above, would you want your spouse calling in with your info trying to get your recent calls and stuff? I think its a very good practice and also safety mechanism for sprint as well as other cell companies..protects the customers privacy and the companies rear end....sounds like a win win to me!

JoeBobOneHalf 05-21-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 289250)
yeah you have to understands sprints premise on this. I used to work at alltel, and you wouldnt believe how many wives and boyffriends and girlfriends and such tried to get one another's records to catch someone cheating....not only does that open up a potential lawsuit for sprint because of privacy issues, but like stated above, would you want your spouse calling in with your info trying to get your recent calls and stuff? I think its a very good practice and also safety mechanism for sprint as well as other cell companies..protects the customers privacy and the companies rear end....sounds like a win win to me!

It's funny you mentioned that, because I wanted my wife's text messages for just that reason from Sprint, and they said no (of course).
Here's a question, though. She has a mogul same as me, and she uses CodyBB's threaded SMS installed on her phone. Is there a way I can put something on my MicroSD card run it on her phone so I can then view all the text messages she had already sent and received on her phone (since her last hard reset of course)?

okashira 05-27-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBobOneHalf (Post 291512)
It's funny you mentioned that, because I wanted my wife's text messages for just that reason from Sprint, and they said no (of course).
Here's a question, though. She has a mogul same as me, and she uses CodyBB's threaded SMS installed on her phone. Is there a way I can put something on my MicroSD card run it on her phone so I can then view all the text messages she had already sent and received on her phone (since her last hard reset of course)?

Heh. let her go. concentrate on making the divorce come out in your favor. get a lawyer. ignore this comment if that's the reason you want the texts. ;)

ScrapMaker 05-27-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBobOneHalf (Post 291512)

Put SMSImport on an SD card, and run it on her phone. Store messages to the card.

You can view all the messages with any XML viewer...

Elizabeth 02-02-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelovezlaw (Post 287209)
Today I called Sprint and I requested that they mail me a detailed copy of my text messages. They responded back by saying that they are unable to do so unless I have my local police department subpoena the records. What B/S? It is my account. So does anyone know another way areound this.

Please help!

I agree with you thats entirely crap. I pay the bill. I refuse to pay them until they give me what I have already paid for ((service)). I am the only name on the account, the administrator, and I have been a loyal customer for years now. This year my career has caused me to kick up my service by hundreds of dollars a month.

As far as I'm concerned everyone that wants to catch their significant other cheating is the problem. I don't think they realize these are people they CHOOSE to be with. How about you stop stalking their text messages and records to cure your insecurity and leave the situation already? Really, whatever you're going to find isn't going to FIX anything, especially your lack of relationship faith.

In the mean time, I now have to get my lawyer to get what we already pay for and you can bet I'm getting out of my contracts with them. I hate having to use this, but often times we must remind them that "I'm working hard to do YOUR job" . I hate being the irate customer, but come on.

orangekid 02-02-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1535758)

As far as I'm concerned everyone that wants to catch their significant other cheating is the problem. I don't think they realize these are people they CHOOSE to be with. How about you stop stalking their text messages and records to cure your insecurity and leave the situation already? Really, whatever you're going to find isn't going to FIX anything, especially your lack of relationship faith.

roger that, if you have that little faith in your girly girl, it's already over already.