PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

j_sand is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppc as a remote control?

I have a 6700 with 6.1....what is the best remote control application? for general stuff like TV, DVD player, cable box and maybe receiver...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: ppc as a remote control?

none are available for the mogul chipset yet... there are compatibility issues.. but one should be coming out soon.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

Bizarre179 is just getting started

To my understanding... even if you get the software to do it, the moguls ir port is not nearly as strong to make use of it as a remote. The range is something like 3 feet. Basically, it is going to be easier to reach your hand out and press the button on your tv.

ABUSE THE THANK BUTTON! In a good way.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Threadstarter

j_sand is a n00b

I have the apache...the mogul is the 6800

looks like I'm sol
Old 05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_sand View Post
I have the apache...the mogul is the 6800

looks like I'm sol
oh sorry, i'm just so used to users of the mogul asking for this... i didnt even look at what device you're using...

do a search for Vito Remote... it works well with the apache, i used to use it my self.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started

I use Novii Remote Deluxe on my 6700. Works great, and I'm getting 10-15 feet of range on Tivo, Sony TV, Magnovox TV, and Panasonic TV.

FWIW, the Vito gave me about 2 feet of range and the Novii basic barely worked at all.

Also, here's a tip: Make sure the send/receive IR is switched on. (I know, seems obvious, but I forgot and spent hours trying to figure it out.) If the remote doesn't work at first, try toggling the IR on and off. Sometimes, that does the trick for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions