PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

zaya is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've got a bone to pick with YOU!!!

Actually only with some of you.

I am sick of seeing my beautiful WM peers so desperately and anxiously trying to emulate the appearance of the iPhone UI. Honestly it makes us look pretty pathetic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?!?!?

Changing a home screen to a launcher that looks like the iPhone home screen accomplishes what? Its just a launcher. We (WM Users) have alot of choices for excellent launchers. And our home screen UI can be SOOOOO much more functional, while still looking great, than any iPhone theme. Simply look at some of the home screens people have made using various tools like, Ultimate Launcher, SPB Products, Wisebar advance and many others. We have weather, launchers, Sportscenter, photo dialers, a plethora of plugins(yeah i said plethora), search bars, diaries and many other utilities on our home screens. IPhone has launchers. Period.

We DO NOT need to be "like the iPhone"!!! We can and DO more with our phones than the iPhone. We should promote our devices and stop taking steps back. Our UI can be MUCH MORE advanced.

So lets stop all this iPhone envy cuz really they should envy us.

disclaimer: it has a beautiful screen and great touch interface. I do envy that.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:10 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: I've got a bone to pick with YOU!!!

iphone rant
Old 05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Preach it...........
Old 05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Isn't that one of the great features of wm6 and this site?

So that each user can customize the look and feel of their own personal phone? Mine doesn't look at all stock, but it doesn't look glitzy like the iphone either. I enjoy my customizations!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya View Post
Actually only with some of you.

I am sick of seeing my beautiful WM peers so desperately and anxiously trying to emulate the appearance of the iPhone UI. Honestly it makes us look pretty pathetic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?!?!?

Changing a home screen to a launcher that looks like the iPhone home screen accomplishes what? Its just a launcher. We (WM Users) have alot of choices for excellent launchers. And our home screen UI can be SOOOOO much more functional, while still looking great, than any iPhone theme. Simply look at some of the home screens people have made using various tools like, Ultimate Launcher, SPB Products, Wisebar advance and many others. We have weather, launchers, Sportscenter, photo dialers, a plethora of plugins(yeah i said plethora), search bars, diaries and many other utilities on our home screens. IPhone has launchers. Period.

We DO NOT need to be "like the iPhone"!!! We can and DO more with our phones than the iPhone. We should promote our devices and stop taking steps back. Our UI can be MUCH MORE advanced.

So lets stop all this iPhone envy cuz really they should envy us.

disclaimer: it has a beautiful screen and great touch interface. I do envy that.
This dude is the man someone finnaly getting with the program...although i do c the want for an iphone for the common person....the people on this site r not common and neither our our phones. Thanks for saying what i did not have the kahunas to say
Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

actually he has a good point.. i been extremely annoyed by this crap as well.. why the freak are people so obsessed with the iphone theme anyway?? its really nothing special at all.. and i mean, if you are THAT crazy to where you want your phone to look and function like an iphone, then why not just go buy one? we are blessed to have to many options, which is something the iphone def cant even hang with.. we have basically an infinate amount of customization possibilities. the iphone has a few things going for it, but that doesnt mean to sit there and completely emulate the freakin OS.. but im done, because obviously there are some of us out there that have a limited outlooks on customization. i thought the reason we customized our s*** was to seperate ourselves from one another... to put our own style and flaver to our phones.. you wouldnt trick out your car to something exactly like what someone else has.. whats the fun in that? stand out from the crowd and create your own admirers instead of following the trend.

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

yeah people, don't put "Iphone" on a pedestal
Old 05-04-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

zaya is becoming a great contributor
Wink Re: I've got a bone to pick with YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
i thought the reason we customized our s*** was to seperate ourselves from one another... to put our own style and flaver to our phones.. you wouldnt trick out your car to something exactly like what someone else has.. whats the fun in that?
Thanks Blue....could you please forward a picture of your car so I can post it so all Blue4shizzle enthusiasts can be just like you!!! Thats what we all want....Right???
Old 05-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya View Post
Thanks Blue....could you please forward a picture of your car so I can post it so all Blue4shizzle enthusiasts can be just like you!!! Thats what we all want....Right???
i sense a little too much sarcasm, especially when the guy you are talking to was agreeing with your initial post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

AMEN!! iPhones are just a way of saying, "I care more for flashy graphics and animations than I do about being functional." Windows Mobile can be flashy AND functional... it's high time we be proud of that fact!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions