PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ending calls

made this general as it should apply to all touchscreen phones.. I have only tested on moguls.

I've always been frustrated by the hardware "End Key" is not locked when in a call. Specifically when using bluetooth.

I've try'd
device lock
lockdown
s2u2
deltalock

s2u2 work, BUT ONLY when set to blan(c)k screen and when you first dial the call, however, if you unlock it for any reason (call time, txt, notes...) then relock (still in call) the end button is no longer locked.

deltalock DOES WORK, however way out of date, but is GPL
issues;
1.) cannot detect; PWR, L&R softkey, camera
2.) ok/ok & dpad/scroll duplicated.
3.) the unlock button(s) you set will override having to press the power button first
4.) all other buttons share an ID
notes; again this is the ONLY locking app I've found that realiably locks the (end button)
Ideally would like to map the power button to both run <i>deltalock</i> and unlock, and on powersave, ect..

I've given up on delta cuz i'm not a programmer.
I'm currently using lockdown (in the kitchen)
with/
Tiermann's "Nohangup" which kills the end button all together, until softreset.
I'm not sure if it's on the ftp, as he made it up for me late one nite in a chat..

hope this helps some, hope some helps this (issue)

again for the developers out there, DELTALOCK WORKS (kinda)
Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Ending calls

maybe needs another thread, but something that would be really handy (esp with the hardware end key disabled) is a dialer that has an end button in the keypad screen.

i'm not an artist or i'd draw up a pic, but i'm using bbluebutton dialer and the phone#/call timer/ect.. takes the space of 4 buttons, and there is a row's worth of wasted space between this and the title bar..

would like to see a dialer that shows the phone#/call timer/ect.. @ the top, and has an END, Mute, Note, ??? buttons AND the "keypad"
Old 04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I know what you mean and ran into this same problem but it happens when using the 67 the normal way without BT....I use S2U2...and have it set so that i can activate it manual if I want, "press and hold the IE button", when I do that...all buttons are locked again including the phone keys. I too would end calls or set phone in flight mode when using it by my face and I guess my ears where touching the screen. So when I make/recieve a call and answering it..as I am talking I am pressing the IE keys and placing the phone in Lock mode which is now a normal thing I do.

I know it is not the easiest way to do it....but that is what I do and now seems normal..lol.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

thanks, that does help, but not me, I like my ram.
I see your on the apache and that setup isn't too bad, but the mogul's buttons are different.
also i like my buttons the way they are, don't really want to loose TWO for one essential function, ie.. the POWER button

I guess that's the big thing i'm requesting some developer help with.. so far I cannot find anything that will work with the POWER button.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Sorry I should of paid more attention....yea the 68 buttons make it alittle difficult for that same setup....the 67 the fingers are already in postition for pressing buttons when on a call like a walkie talkie.

I saw you gave me a "thanks" even if I really did not help.....just wanted to say...."Thank You."
Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

thanked, cuz I never thought about assigning another button to s2u2, and having it lock the end button.. i may revisit that app to try again...
still looking for something to let me reassign the power button.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
VIP Member

Dont know if you have looked into "AE Button/Plus" (freeware)...that also will let you reassign buttons dont know if it will include the "Power Button"
Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

yea AE's ok, but NO power button control, does work for end key any any others.

ps, AE i'd pay for the "full" version if can program up the power button

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions