PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I can't play my mp3's as my ringers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2520)

chap 02-14-2007 02:09 PM

I can't play my mp3's as my ringers

Please help me! My ringtones I had setup as my ringers, mysteriously stopped playing. :( I can go to the song in whatever file it's placed at, but it won't play.
I downloaded smart explorer, and setup a mp3 extension, which now allows me to play the MP3's, but I still can't set them up as my ringers. It will be greatly appreciate for your help, as I refuse 2 reset....That'll be da last option :|

bunnytrigger 02-14-2007 02:30 PM

try removing them and placing them back in there. That fixed it for me once, but i dont know what caused it. Maybe someone on here will know the reason

chap 02-18-2007 02:28 PM

Okay....that didn't work for me, but thanx for the response. MID's will play, and WAV's will play. I don't have a clue why it all of a sudden happened, but when it happened, it even changed my icons next to the MP3's. I can put the ringer in place to play, but no sound happens. Come on Mal, Wide, or BigD.....I'm open for more suggestions. Thanx tho Bunny.

JackSchitt28 02-18-2007 03:42 PM

convert the mp3's to .wav files. greatly reduces the size anyways. if you need help with that, then PM me and i will get you going.

dannzeman 02-18-2007 06:11 PM

If it changed the icons next to the mp3s that sounds like a new program was installed and the association of the mp3s changed to the new program. Did you install or uninstall anything around the time of this happening?

chap 02-20-2007 01:37 AM

Okay.....only thing I've noticed different on my phone is chronos alarm. I just realized it was a trial period, and it has expired....and I had installed MorphGear. I think its that chronos, i'll have to tamper with it some.

chap 03-02-2007 02:22 PM

Man, yall gotta feel me on this one. I had, pushin it to, 2gb of stored items on my sd card. I, tryin to be nice, let my neighbor use my sd card to get all the ROM's i got n there, that we both have at home on our game systems. :wink: I got my card back, and da dag gum thing wouldnt work. He did something, and when i inserted it, all it kept askin was if i wanted to format card. :( Yea, u bet your ass i cried......well, actually i didnt cry, but one tear roll down my cheek, and my little girl asked me why i was crying.....so.....i guess that does qualify as crying. :| So, i've decided to start from scratch....erased the card, and erased my phone. :) I guess the moral is, wooping someones ass doesnt fix nothing......but it sure feels good 8) Just thought I'd sure my story with you guys. PS....I didnt really beat nobody up. :P

TIGER02 04-24-2007 11:48 PM

What was the solution for the ringer, because i am having the same problem and it looks like it is not just me.... Is this a spreading issue or something?

chap 05-21-2007 03:59 AM

Hey....if you've come up with a fix, please do let me know. I've been very careful with what i've been downloading, and it appears it has happened to me again here recently.