PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Like a free agent this is a contract year!

My contract is up in about 20 days. I am very excited, that I am able to play the field a bit, and look at other options. I have been with Verizon for 8 years now, since nights started at 10. My first phone was an old Audio Vox, wayyy before text messages were invented. Old school huh?

Anywho, my girlfriend who has verizon, and right now currently we are in a semi long distance relationship. I want to get the Sprint Sero plan, and pick up the touch. I'll be saving a ton of money (about 80 bux per month) But our talk time will go down. She only uses the 450 min plan. Me being the critical thinker, I said with all my savings I'll just bump you up to the 900 min plan. With 900 mins, talk time is still non existing with us. Her nights start at 9 and mine start at 6.

I see her on Fridays, and Saturdays and Sundays are free. So in any given month there are 18 days in a week, that we will talk on the phone. 900/18 = 50. Thats 50 mins per day we can talk. Being in long distance relationship talk time is a must. I get off work at 5, and shes out of class at 5. At 9 o' clock I'm already at the gym, and by the time i get home I want to crash.

I need some guidance, and assistance of thinking of a plan for this.

I really want to go to Sprint Sero, but at the same time, I don't want to put a huge limit to our talk time.

ps. She do not want to jump carries, since she'll have to pay $200 in cancellation fees.

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: Like a free agent this is a contract year!

dude, bring your talktime up with paying 100 a month for everything unlimited. you won't have to worry about overages and the plan itself has saved me alot with no hidden fees at all.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
dude, bring your talktime up with paying 100 a month for everything unlimited. you won't have to worry about overages and the plan itself has saved me alot with no hidden fees at all.
It'll end up being 120 a month for text messages as well.

Shes only paying like 40 or 50 now, and she'll be paying double. Thats madness especially for a college student who makes very little money.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

dude the 49.99 sero plan includes 1250 minutes, nights at 7, unlimited text and data, and nationwide long distance, whats to think about?

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
dude the 49.99 sero plan includes 1250 minutes, nights at 7, unlimited text and data, and nationwide long distance, whats to think about?
My girl has verizon still.

reading is the key my dude.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knether View Post
My girl has verizon still.

reading is the key my dude.
your absolutely right. lol mah bad. and i talk about people all the time for doing that crap.

we all slip up sometimes lol

also, there is a spot reserved in the CONVERTZ for you, check the last page of the thread
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
the only thing he'll be thinking about with 1250 minutes is limitations... lol. i mean it's alright and all, but there are only very few who are heavy talkers (including myself averaging 5000+ minutes since i jumped to unlimited everything since i also have long talks with my girl, fam, and friends). my bill is $112 a month thanks to this, and it's great.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Let me count thy wounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knether View Post
It'll end up being 120 a month for text messages as well.

Shes only paying like 40 or 50 now, and she'll be paying double. Thats madness especially for a college student who makes very little money.
sorry i missed this one, but she'll be fine with sero. success100, good info for the woman.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
sorry i missed this one, but she'll be fine with sero. success100, good info for the woman.
I guess i didnt explain right.

I'm getting Sero since, my contract is expiring with VZW.

My GF's contract is still active with VZW.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

If she switches to SERO and pays the VZW ETF then you guys would have unlimited mobile 2 mobile. She could get the cheapest SERO plan, which would pay for the ETF in the amount she saves monthly over her VZW charges. You could then talk all day every day with no extra charges. You should pay her ETF with all of the $$$ you save each month Since you'll save $80/month, it'll only take 2.5 months to make it back

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions