PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Lurker

imwf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Verizon Data Plan

How about this... Go get a 6800 or Q9M sign up for data plan. keep if for a while... less than 30days then return it, but don't change plan back...TaDa got your discounted plan you were after. Worked for me.. on second month of plan
Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: verizon

tinycandi is a n00b

I don't use a data plan at all for my 6700. I use my wifi whenever I want to connect to the internet...and that's it.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:14 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

funny how they say the phone is outdated..didnt they just release wm 6 for some phones and, i know almost all of you are too, but i "think" i have windows mobile 6.1 running on my phone...ummm...outdated?

Help Me Help You
Old 04-17-2008, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: VZW

bitbrat is just getting started

yeah, makes me laugh when they say we are using outdated phones - they may think so, they dropped support a year ago, but we're not ready to let go! My 6700 runs a newer version of WM 6.1 than the 6800s in the store, and on side by side tests it is faster too!

Oh, and I don't think the argument about it not being cost effective to enter all the codes for the older phones holds any water at all - they had to enter all the new phones and then update pricing, they could easily copy the relevant portion of the database and then change the pricing structure - give us some credit, some of us do know how databases work you know! However, as for saying they are in business to make money first - of that I have no doubt.

Verizon, you are losing ground in this competition, you can't get phones to market even nearly on time, they never have all the features the other carriers offer, and the services to support them are almost always much more expensive - anyone feel like a change?
Old 04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image911 View Post
Wow!

Good thing I make a habit of checking the Home Page every morning... as I would never have heard about it - even via Verizon! I called their #611 and spoke with a rep who - at first didn't know that the new plan also included my VX6800. A few minutes worth of a check, and we were good to go... down from $44.95 to $29.95 per month, can't complain about that! Heck, the savings amounts to almost 1/3 of a tank of gas...! Thanks for the posting; Glad I checked it out.
So when I call, I just ask them to change my Unlimited Data plan from 44.95 to 29.95? I tried earlier this morning and he couldn't "find" anything about it, and I can't find it on the verizonwireless.com site? Anyone have a link on the verizon site?? Thx
Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Most websites do not have real-time data updated to thier sites. However, I can find numerous sites that all tell the same story about the price changes. Maybe someone else will remember to check back on it and give a link.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ BGill 6.5 ROM

jgilfor is just getting started

Thanks folks for pointing this out to me. I called last week, asked to be switched from the $45 unlimited data plan to the $29.99 unlimited plan; was asked if I was connecting to a corporate server (no); then the switch was made.

My major issue with all this is... I never would have known about this had I not been checking these boards daily. I have given Verizon $100 for free!!! I think they owe me! And sorry, a crippled detuned Touch Diamond will not make up for this!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan / Mogul
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

RiftReaper is a n00b

I got tired of seeing by cell phone bill go to 180 because of 50 dollar unexpected data charges (.015 cents / kilobyte adds up fast these days!) so i upgraded to the 29.99 data plan for by 6800. I had a couple of questions:

1) does this include streaming youtube videos off of your smart phone with something youtubeplay or skyfire browser?

2) does this plan include using your internet data connection for things other then browsing or checking a email, such as logging into yahoo messenger via IM+ and chatting / sending files?

3) does this plan cover using skype mobile to make VOIP call on your phone

4) Can i download files from the internet ?

5) What happens if I somehow hit the 5GB cap? do I get billed extra charges ?

If i connect my smart phone to my laptap and use it to surf the web on my laptop or check mail, do I get charged extra fees ?

Thanks..
Old 12-13-2008, 04:58 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Please learn to use the search feature... all of those questions have been answered. In general the Verizon data connection is pretty much a slightly slower WiFi coonection. You may do anything you would do on a WiFi connection...no caps on usage, no trash.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

technically, there isn't a "hard cap" on vz data use. The catch is, they don't support video streaming of any kind. That is why a vz phone never comes with the youtube app & you have to load it yourself. Slingbox is the same type of thing.

I use both YT & Sling Mobile all the time, but I don't do it to the point where I'm using outrageous amounts of data. I use WMwifirouter also, but not to excess.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions