PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: New PRL 60612 for Sprint go get it!!!

Two questions:
1. How can you tell which one you have?
2. How to install?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Two questions:
2. How to install?
To install look HERE. Post 15..
Device info to tell current.

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-11-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Two questions:
2. How to install?

Dial ##778# Select "view". Then look for PRL in the menu, it will show you which one you have. If you have your MSL you can choose edit, place the file located posted around here somewhere on another thread unzipped on the root of your SD or in any directory in the device. When you "update prl" it will look for it and let you choose it to update. Click ok, it will ask ya if you want to continue with the update, if you want press ok and it will then reset your phone.

You take full responsibility for what may or may not happen to your phone by doing so.

Hope that helps,

-CC
Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Two questions:
Startmenu > Setting > System > PhoneInfo
look for PRL version

Quote:
Two questions:
2. How to install?
I call *2 and request your account be flagged for a PRL update. Then next time you call customer care, right after the english/spanish prompt it will check for upgrades and inform you it is updating your phonel.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:41 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you call *2 they will only update your PRL if you live in the area where that PRL has changed.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
To install look HERE. Post 15..
Device info to tell current.
Thank you kindly
Old 04-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Lurker

thrustbucket is a n00b

I tried to update to this prl, and my phone just sat looking for a signal. So then I went to 60611 and same thing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but now I'm reflashing my rom to fix it
Old 04-11-2008, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
I tried to update to this prl, and my phone just sat looking for a signal. So then I went to 60611 and same thing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but now I'm reflashing my rom to fix it

You have to soft reset your phone manually after changing your PRL... If it didn't do it automatically..
Old 04-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker

thrustbucket is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
You have to soft reset your phone manually after changing your PRL... If it didn't do it automatically..
Yeah it did do it automatically, I tried it about 4 times.

However, after letting it sit for about 15 minutes searching for towers using 60711, it found signal again.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have been using this for a couple of weeks and I have been traveling a lot, been to Minnesota and now I am in New Mexico. Lots of roaming in both places, this PRL still needs some work IMHO, I am removing some of my added software to make sure I don't have something interfering with the radio. My Mogul is slow to change from roaming to sprint at times while driving from Texas to New Mexico I had to soft reset several times after calls, I was using GPS when the phone rang, not sure if this had something to do with it. In Minnesota I had to set my Mogul to roaming only to get a signal inside the building, seams this PRL likes to hold the Sprint tower a little longer even if the Sprint signal is weaker. I didn't have these issues with 60611.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

Last edited by Big D5; 04-11-2008 at 11:43 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions