PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having any issues with Daylight Savings Time
NO I am not having any issues it works well. 67 65.69%
Yes I am having some issues. 27 26.47%
I don't have Daylight Savings Time in my area. 3 2.94%
This pole is stupid why do you care? 5 4.90%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 07:41 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Day light savings time

What has become to be known as a Pocket PC was called a converged device basically a Pocket PC (PPC) phone. Before Sprint, Verizon, AT&T.... started making PPC there were handheld PPC that didn't have phones, daylight savings time changes were a night mare. All my appointments would be messed up the time wouldn't update properly etc. A few years ago Microsoft made a patch that had to be added to all PPC's to accommodate daylight savings time, I haven't needed to add this software to any of my converged devices because the Sprint connection seams to manage the time very well. What I am wondering is are you having any issues with the time change? If you are post what carrier do you have and what state do you live in.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout
Re: Day light savings time

No problems; we worked late at the airport again last night (cancelled all flights to Ohio and NE and especially Canada due to weather, THOUSANDS of passengers stranded, out of hotels by midnight, and blessed be, only one medical emergency and everyone was civil except one young college girl - my poor passengers) and when I got home, exactly at 2am, the Mogul updated and sent me a message.

Oh, BTW, Sprint in Virginia

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

No big problems here. Yesterday though, I was a bit confused: The calendar on my Today screen kept displaying ALL my appointments an hour later than they should be. Other than that I had to manually update my clock using time synchronization because I have it off to prevent Activesync from constantly trying to connect.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oddmanout View Post
No problems; we worked late at the airport again last night (cancelled all flights to Ohio and NE and especially Canada due to weather, THOUSANDS of passengers stranded, out of hotels by midnight, and blessed be, only one medical emergency and everyone was civil except one young college girl - my poor passengers) and when I got home, exactly at 2am, the Mogul updated and sent me a message.

Oh, BTW, Sprint in Virginia
1odd... you workin out of dulles?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

No problemo here. Am I work right now (uggg...Sunday morning) and my phone made the change flawlessy...however, our computer network and phone system haven't made the update yet....hmmmmm.

late,
Coz

Sprint/WA State
Old 03-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6800
Carrier: Verizon

chewybang is a n00b

My DST changed as it should; however, my alarm for today acted weird. I have it set for 8am on Sunday and it just went off at 9am. that scares me since this is the alarm I use to wake up every morning at 4:30am. If I miss it by an hour, i'm toast. I just reset my phone just in case and will test it out.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

My Titan updated perfectly, as did my calendar/alarms.
I had install M$ patch for this some time ago & it worked then too. I knew my Phone was ok but I'm glad to see my PC has performed the update as well, it didn't do it last year.

Land of the CheeseSteak, PA
Old 03-09-2008, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

I live in VA and have Sprint. So far everything seems ok I didn't have any alarms set for today or any appointments.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6800
Carrier: Verizon

chewybang is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybang View Post
My DST changed as it should; however, my alarm for today acted weird. I have it set for 8am on Sunday and it just went off at 9am. that scares me since this is the alarm I use to wake up every morning at 4:30am. If I miss it by an hour, i'm toast. I just reset my phone just in case and will test it out.
I just did a soft reset and created a new alarm for 9:30am and it worked just fine. To make sure it goes off tomorrow morning, I changed the alarm to another time, clicked OK, then went back and set it to the correct time again. I'm hoping this works properly tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice

my apache with helmi's wm6 went perfectly. PI kept all my data straight. i even stayed up to see. (i have no life)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions