PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint PictureMail for Windows Mobile Devices

I am looking for Positive information here... Lets not Bash Sprint or threaten to Cancel and Keep things to a positive Approach.

Please Sprint Customers Only.

I ask this.

Why is is that you Demand or Want Picturemail for your Sprint Windows Mobile Device...

No questions Why I want this information and this does not mean sprint is bringing picturemail to the Community and No I do not work for Sprint either but would like this information.

Again lets keep this positive. No bashing Sprint.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: Sprint PictureMail for Windows Mobile Devices

1.- Fun or entertainment. This includes sending pics to friends and family for the heck of it.

2.- Work. I know of many users that may need this capability to transmit pics with their workplace.

3.- Just because other cheaper phones have it. We are paying more than most, if not all, other users for their phones... why can't we have this as well when we are either paying or have the service included on our plans?

Hope this helps.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I will Start.

I have been using "Dumb devices" for a while now as the last smart device I had was Dumb. The mogul was finally something more along the lines that I could use.

With my "dumb device" Lg fusic I was able to send pictures to my family that Dont have email but had Picture Enabled Cell phones... This is nearly all of them.

Its nice to go to the beach and take a pic of your kid playing in the ocean and promptly send it off to all of the family to enjoy.

I truthfully flipped when I found that the Mogul and Touch did not have picturemail but was better when I found Arcsoft.. Since Sprint or Whoever Disabled Arcsoft Its been a complete nightmare. Its a 500+ dollar phone.. It should have picturemail.. With the WM phones being a business class phone not all of us are using it solely for work. Rought Estimate I would say more younger people are using them for "show" rather than business.

With the Touch out it mainly targets the younger generation wanting the cool factor. IMHO it is not business smart for sprint to block or not provide access to picturemail. But rather give the user the choice. Forget sprint tv just please give me picturemail

James
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Ssprint

armyguy528 is a n00b

Simple Answer:

I want to send dumbass stupid pictures to my friends and make them laugh, and them do the same thing...since they always try to anyway and I have to go to the effing website to see them...
Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (6900)
Carrier: Sprint /AT&T 3125 for work

jayresc is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jayresc

I Would like it because I send a ton of pictures to my friends and I don't always know what carrier they have so it becomes to much work. Plus I just don't wnat to use my email to send pictures.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chetlet is a n00b
Question Re: Sprint PictureMail for Windows Mobile Devices

Last fall I was watching the Bears vs. Lions on TV. End of the game they show a close-up of the fans and I see my brother and his girlfriend in the front row. I rewind the DVR, use my camera phone to take a picture of the TV screen and send it to him via MMS before they get out of the stadium....That was with my A900.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

03LXV6 is a n00b

I'm in a store buying someone a shirt. I found one but wasn't sure if they liked it. I snapped a pic and sent it. "I like that one get it". That was with my A900.

It's just easier to have picture mail
Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Because the same phone on other carriers have this function. I have young children and my parents love to see updated pics. Allso needed for work when looking at broken hardware. It is a good reference for techs before they come out for on site visits.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

JoePuetoRico is just getting started

I'm a Realtor , an mms of a house could be what brings my family food on the table for the month plus I paid waaaaaaaaay more than the guy with the sanyo 8300 that can send pics
Old 03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

see here is my reason for liking pm and think its an absolute requirement...when im able bodied i handle rental properties and if i see something i like i snap a pic and send it to my broker/agent. it also comes in handy when taking pics of the kids and sending them off to the grandparents on a spur of the moment type thing. not everyone carries a digital camera and a means to email pics with them...for 600.00 + the cost of the service not only do i expect my phone to take pics but i also expect to send them...with status quo i have a real hard time even sending pics via outlook to other carriers such as at&t and verizon. thats a huge downer for me and makes me want to just dump sprint entirely.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions