PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rennyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rennyn
Downloading CAB files in PIE/Opera?

I swear I had a method for doing this for my old 6700... and Search didn't turn much up, nor did Google..

So does anyone have a good way to download CAB files from PIE or Opera on the Touch or other Windows Mobile devices? It always tries to open them as a text file and neither browser supports a Save As type function.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Downloading CAB files in PIE/Opera?

when it does this, hit back or refresh to reload the page... should bring up the save as dialog....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

That's odd... I can download CABs fine from PIE on my Touch.

I just click on the link and a Save As... dialog box comes up.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

certain sites have given me issues where when the link is clicked instead of the dialog box coming up you see a page full of 'code'. i've learned that the easiest way to circumvent this is usually to just refresh or hit the back button and click the link again... not sure what causes this, but that usually overrides it.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rennyn is a n00b

Neither option seems to work for me. It could be because it isn't being offered from a web page, just a direct link from a directory structure on a web server.

I did find a work around... If I zip the file first, I can then open it from the directory with Total Commander which then lets me save the CAB which I can then install.

Bleh. It works at least if I don't have my cable or mini-SD reader with me and want to get something to my phone that gmail doesn't like.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Post Master General

wow, has this been for all cabs you try to download across the board, or just from certain sites?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rennyn is a n00b

Neither. I just threw some up on my webspace and was trying to download them from there. Most of the ones on this board and others download fine, I think it is because the board sees them and lets PIE know basically what they are. On my webhost however I just threw them into an empty directory and it just sees a file sitting there.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Im liking the new avatar nautica....

Definatly off topic.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions