PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPaq h2210

@cid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Choices: Touch or Touch Cruise?

Hi there, can u guys help me.

I'm planning to buy a PDA phone, ultimately the choices fell to either the HTC Touch or the Touch Cruise. Been reading a lot, so I know that the Touch is a bit slow, but the TCruise has driver problems.. Basically what I need is good all-around PDA, WLAN and fast processing is a must. Touch is offered at ~$500 and the TCruise at ~$800. Perhaps I would go with the Touch, if the current ROMs + o/c'ing could help improve the speed.

Which is worth the money? How bout overclocking solutions for the TCruise? Any other recommendations? Thanks, guys.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Re: Choices: Touch or Touch Cruise?

I take it that the carrier is of no meaning to you, you are picking the phone then the carrier. I am also assuming they all work for you and you have no preference's.

I like the Touch. I don't know by slow what you mean. Net wise they should be about the same HSDPA/HSUPA is a slight bit faster then EV-DO rev0, but revA should be out this summer (fingers crossed). As far as OS goes. I have had no problems with it at all. There is no good internet browser but that is the same for both phones. I am biased to CDMA and the phone is cheaper so I would go with the Touch. I think you will get the same performance out of either device.

Now if my memory serves me correctly, the TCruise has WiFi, the Touch does not. This might play a factoring roll in your decision. I got the touch to get away from WiFi dependence (iTouch) so it doesn't bother me, but might be important to you.

Hope this helps. Any Q's please ask.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

@cid is a n00b

Thx for the reply!

Yep you're right. Bcoz you see, in my country HSDPA network is quite new, like onli been 1yr old or so. So in the meantime, I'd like to stick to WiFi for emails and browsing. Plus browsing while traveling overseas would prove cheaper right with WiFi.

Both Touch (Elfin/Enhanced one, not the Vogue) and TCruise have WiFi, so no problem.
I'm more concerned about their lifecycle (reach 3-4yrs or so, durability and such) and device/software/apps performance.

You think any o/c solutions will come for the TCruise? Or good solutions from HTC or other developer guys concerning the video problems? That would definitely help me choose.

Cheers!

Last edited by @cid; 03-05-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were not in the US. This site is mostly US people, you may not find all the info you are looking for because of it. I am not up to date with the other devices so I am going to defer. I wish you luck though.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

@cid is a n00b

No problem at all. I just need some insight re:my questions on the phones themselves.

Cheers!

Last edited by @cid; 03-05-2008 at 01:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions