PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   problem sending email thru my optonline accounton my sprint mogul? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20032)

claabes 03-04-2008 12:02 AM

problem sending email thru my optonline accounton my sprint mogul?

I could receive my emails but I can't send out emails what am I doing wrong?](*,)

wldthng842 03-04-2008 02:10 AM

Re: problem sending email thru my optonline accounton my sprint mogul?

Please provide more details.

What program are you trying to set it up in? What type of connection Pop/Imap/other? What connection are you using, EV-DO/WiFi? etc. this will make it possible to provide assistance.

Pibe38 03-04-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claabes (Post 201458)
I could receive my emails but I can't send out emails what am I doing wrong?](*,)

OPT Online is an ISP, assuming you are using POP3 through your data connection and that the error you are receiving is something along "The Recepients Cannot be Recognized" I'll say it's the typical issue of ISPs not allowing you to use their SMTP (outgoing) server from another network.

You'll have to use another account, or edit your OPT Online account to use Sprint's SMTP server instead of OPT Online's.

I have never done this, but I have read about it.

claabes 03-04-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldthng842 (Post 201605)
Please provide more details.

What program are you trying to set it up in? What type of connection Pop/Imap/other? What connection are you using, EV-DO/WiFi? etc. this will make it possible to provide assistance.

My connection is EVDO, I'm using POP3, I set up with my optonline outlook account. The only time I could sent out email is when the WIFI is on but when I shut it off and try thru the sprint connection it won't work.

Pibe38 03-04-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claabes (Post 202156)
My connection is EVDO, I'm using POP3, I set up with my optonline outlook account. The only time I could sent out email is when the WIFI is on but when I shut it off and try thru the sprint connection it won't work.

Then read my answer just above your post...

wldthng842 03-04-2008 02:22 PM

the reason wifi is working is because you are probably at home on your isp's network.

you can set up a free gmail.com email and send via that but small hassle

idelgado782 09-21-2008 10:07 PM

I am having the same problem. I read somewhere that optonline does not allow for the emails to go to other domains, only thiers, if your sending through an account such as this set up. I have just emailed support on this so this I can have a true answer.