PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moving from my Blk Berry to the HTC Hero.....
Carrier: Sprint

bigel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigel
You Can Delete This Thread.....

using WMD / Acticesync ....I was re-arranging folders in my phone and went to cut & paste my pics from another folder... when I noticed I was using the wrong folder... so I went to hit cancel and lost all of my pics..... but looked in a folder called FILESTORE and noticed that they are all in there...but they have a weird extension .MD and vids are .3g2 now I've searched and searched but can't find a safe looking program to uncompress or convert these folders back to normal..

has anyone else seen these extension and know how I can get my files back..... Please help... they are pics that I've been taking of my son since he was born.. and they are very special.......

Last edited by bigel; 03-03-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: You Can Delete This Thread.....
Old 03-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Re: Need HELP...BAD.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!

If you have done nothing else ctrl-z usually undoes what you just did. It may not work this time but in the future usually worth a shot. Are they in the recycle bin?

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

Just a shot from computer experience. the undo ctrl-Z wont work in 2ndary apps like active syncs and if you cancel a ctrl-X your screwed but you can cancel a ctrl-C. You can try transferring the files out of the folder and renaming the file extension back to like .jpg If not you may just be out of luck and would need to retransfer the files.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moving from my Blk Berry to the HTC Hero.....
Threadstarter

bigel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigel

well crtl Z.... is what I'll try next time I do something stupid...lol

and believe it or not... sprint to the rescue wasting my money all those years on picture mail made a huge difference because it stored 200 pics I took....lol

thanx for replying......
Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yep, all my old pictures were still in my online albums. Sent some to may new mogul to use as contact photos.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions