PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Sprint

50Pesos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PocketGear Rip Off

I just wantd to warn people of pocketgear.com. I purchased software off of their site and the registration code did not work. I have emailed them more than 15 times over the months and have not got one response from them. Take your hard earned money somewhere else that will give you what you paid for.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: PocketGear Rip Off

Good to know

Old 03-01-2008, 05:08 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Good to know

if that name is true should you be doing something about this atrocity??? lol just kidding
Old 03-02-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Pesos View Post
I just wantd to warn people of pocketgear.com. I purchased software off of their site and the registration code did not work. I have emailed them more than 15 times over the months and have not got one response from them. Take your hard earned money somewhere else that will give you what you paid for.
You should file a credit card dispute right away. Document your emails and you will get your money back.

Jeff
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Threadstarter

50Pesos is a n00b

I did try that and and it has been more than a billing cycle so i am SOL. I wanting to warn others of poor customer service. Also hoping one of them at Pocketgear would see the negative publicity.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Time after time!

There have been numerous complaints about this vendor for several years now, yet they remain in business...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Yeah, good luck getting anything out of them right now...

Quote:
Motricity, the parent company of software store PocketGear.com, has laid off 250 of its employees and plans to sell PocketGear as part of a restructuring of the company's businesses.
Via Brighthand: http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13847

Old 03-05-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Pesos View Post
I did try that and and it has been more than a billing cycle so i am SOL. I wanting to warn others of poor customer service. Also hoping one of them at Pocketgear would see the negative publicity.
You may try to contact the developer directly with the pocketgear emails as proof. They should be able to generate the correct code for you.

Jeff
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffH70 View Post
You may try to contact the developer directly with the pocketgear emails as proof. They should be able to generate the correct code for you.

Jeff
thats a great idea, one that i would have suggested. if you show proof you bought the software, then they should give you a code. PM me with the name of the software and i will see what i can do for you.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, def email the developer. Play dumb, only say that you bought the app, got the code and it doesn't work. They'll fix it. Give them the pocketgear order number too, just in case they verify

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions