PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Weird text message!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19196)

jimmyjazz89 02-25-2008 01:53 AM

Weird text message!!!

Has any one else gotten a crazy text massage from the number 9114... it doesnt say anything just a bunch of letters like someone was pressing random buttons... Anyone?

handsomejamel 02-25-2008 02:06 AM

Re: Weird text message!!!

i been gettin messages from 9103 saying some crazy stuff

Certs 02-25-2008 02:24 AM

Did you use your phone's SMS to "vote" for something on TV, or anything like that?

Pibe38 02-25-2008 01:04 PM

Have any of you been using the OZ Instant Messaging app?

Check this THREAD for help, I think this is what your issue is.

JimSmith94 02-25-2008 02:11 PM

I got a similar message on my Mogul after one of my recent WM 6.1 ROM upgrades. I seldom text message at all, and don't use any special text message programs. I only got it once, and haven't seen anything like it since.

cykococo 02-25-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjazz89 (Post 192872)
Has any one else gotten a crazy text massage from the number 9114... it doesnt say anything just a bunch of letters like someone was pressing random buttons... Anyone?

It's spam, I was getting them untill I used call firewall and blocked them.
I'm not sure how they got my cell number. Pibe was on to something as my wife was using her cell phone to vote for American Idol (don't say a word, I know) and she kept getting a slew of these until we changed her phone and I blocker her using SMS

bigwrigg 04-11-2008 04:45 PM

Add this to the list of ODD..
I am getting the same lines of jibberish from 9114 but heres the odd thing.
I used a Mogul for a week about a month or two ago. The day i switched to it, i got a text message from 9114, and a few times after that, i switched back to my Treo and then 3 weeks ago i went to the Mogul again. Not 24 hrs after the ESN swap i started getting the text message.
Both times were factory installed ROMS with no additional apps. The first time i hadnt had time to install any apps. This time i did get the message again before any apps were installed. But this time its been 3 weeks still using the Mogul and i am getting the messages more frequently.

Guess i am somewhat relieved to see other people are getting this. But it has to be either Mogul or WM related. I never got them on my Treo 700p or 755p.

connor126 04-11-2008 08:31 PM

I get those too but not usually in jiberish. Are any of you on the sprint network. because everytime I have gotten one it was usually from them regarding my account or something

varaff 04-11-2008 08:40 PM

I usually get it after a fresh install of WM6.1

Jeslatino120 09-02-2008 04:16 AM

i also get this text but it just started ever since i got the wm6.1 and also i only get it when i get a windows live email. i believe it has to do with the new rom or windows live! and yes it happens with the mogul only not on my palm centro so all i did is block 9114 on sprint.com it fixed the prob.