PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600
Carrier: sprint

olefafl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text messages from strangers?

I wanted to see if you guys know what is happening.
These are copys of what I posted on other sites.

They are using the "reply" button and not entering a phone number.
Sprint switched us to a Touch and a Centro. So far we haven't gotten any more, but we don't get them every day. It could be 5 minuted or 5 months between them.
Has anyone got a message that was sent to someone else.
I have gotten a few that come from people that DO NOT have my number & DID NOT put my number in their phone.

Person A sends person B a TM, person B gets the TM and so do I. (Its never anything good.)

Its not Spam, its just someone sending stuff and I get it sent to me.

I called Sprint, they said "That can't happen" and hung up on me.
(posted last year on www.Sprintusers.com )
Treo 650: The last person I got one from (2nd one in 24 hrs) told me that their intended recipient did get the text message. They had no idea that it was sent to me. The only similarity between our two phone numbers was the area code.

6600: I got two about 2 months ago and have not had any since.

Last edited by olefafl; 02-07-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Never happened to me.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
same here, never heard of this before.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
very odd. any 3rd party TM software on ur phones?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Try reprogramming the phone you will need your MSL and MSID. see if that works. Ive actually seen it once in then service center i just reprogramed and it cleared it up
Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 6900

milojax is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to milojax
Happend to a phone we bought used and just had to do a reset and never it never happend again. It sent about 3 in a row. Hope this helps ya.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

We didn't have any 3rd party stuff.

Sprint gave us new phones and so far (1 week) we havn't gotten any more, but we never got them every day either.

Sprint opened and closed, with out fixing anything, 3 trouble tickets. All opened and closed in 2 weeks.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Lord Bricks is just getting started
even though this is rare it can happen due to server side issues/hiccups but your chances of this happening increase when you msid does not match your actual phone number (you have no control over this, only the carrier does during programming/activating your phone line). for example most users msid and tel no. match but mine doesnt it is a totally different tel no than my actual one. this causes crosses in the line just like our good ole landlines where your phone would ring when your neighbor was actually getting called.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bricks View Post
even though this is rare it can happen due to server side issues/hiccups but your chances of this happening increase when you msid does not match your actual phone number (you have no control over this, only the carrier does during programming/activating your phone line). for example most users msid and tel no. match but mine doesnt it is a totally different tel no than my actual one. this causes crosses in the line just like our good ole landlines where your phone would ring when your neighbor was actually getting called.
Well this has never happened to me either and my MSID# and MDN# are different. I assume they are different because I made the switch From a Nextel Blackberry To Sprint when the merger first happened a few years ago.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't know about the old phones, but the new ones have the MSID and phone number the same.

The TMs we would get would come from all over the US. I don't know for sure but I don't think any of the TMs we got were going to the same people. (Did that make sence?)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions