PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apple comes out/coming out with iPhone

Hey saw this on the site though some peoples might be interested.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Apple is in the game, lets see how they fare, although just from the preview it looks like there gonna gain some ground
Old 01-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That's nice

I know Cingular is carrying it, what about any other carriers??? Just curious. I wonder if Mike will like this one over the 6800???

I think I do, lol.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 PM
N00b

whistler is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to whistler
I'm gonna hate to say this, but I tempted to switch to Cingular just to get t his phone. It's sweet.

But, I wonder if they can squeeze CDMA into it..
Old 01-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
that's funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler
I'm gonna hate to say this, but I tempted to switch to Cingular just to get t his phone. It's sweet.

But, I wonder if they can squeeze CDMA into it..
So did you switch or not? I think I would also, if I had one in the first place. Still waiting on a decision and money for it. Mike's ready to upgrade, so maybe he will too. I don't think he'll be switching to Cingular though, as much as he loves his Sprint. Hopefully they will come out with something close to it.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:57 PM
N00b

whistler is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to whistler
I haven't switched yet. I dread paying those Cingular prices for data and tet messaging (since the 23rd I've used over 3k).

However, once the phone is released, you know that they'll offer up new plans. Let's hope that they're condusive to making me switch.

My sprint contract is up in November. I doubt Sprint will do ANYTHING to compete with this.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

Okay I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler
I haven't switched yet. I dread paying those Cingular prices for data and tet messaging (since the 23rd I've used over 3k).

However, once the phone is released, you know that they'll offer up new plans. Let's hope that they're condusive to making me switch.

My sprint contract is up in November. I doubt Sprint will do ANYTHING to compete with this.
I hope they do, it would be nice. But maybe Cingular will offer you a great deal to switch to this phone. Good luck with it
Old 01-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Lurker

paulp is a n00b
perferct
you beat me to it
http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/01/app...one-confirmed/
i saw this on the news earlier today
what do you guys think about this phone
cingular does have it, and i heard that they have exclusivity for it for several years
also hear the 4 gig is $500
and 8 gig is $600

steve jobs also said that this phone is 5 years ahead of all other smart phones

i personally dont like cingular and dont want to change providers

let me hear your thoughts
what you think
are you gonna buy/change providers
Old 01-09-2007, 08:44 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
man, did you play some of the usage videos on the apple site?

Looks kinda painful to use to me. Sure would hate to run an ssh terminal on that sucker

But yep, high style.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
On Sprintusers they said that Sprint will not be offering this phone ..

2nd .. I hate Cingular ..

I have had so many friends switch to Sprint/Nextel and Tmobile because they hated so much on Cingular ..

I <3 Android
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
No CDMA (Sprint) for a very long time. Cingular has a "multi year exclusive" on it.

- Plus a CDMA version would have to be thicker (more battery since CDMA is less efficient).

- Sprint would have to re-do their network to enable/allow "visual voicemail" (which is why Cingular gets the deal, they worked with Apple to do this)

- Apple has no need to while having the hottest phone on the largest carrier

I think it looks great too (though I need to see more in terms of reviews and details. e.g. No 3rd party programs? Keyboard?)

Plus, no 3g (for now, one will come out eventually) and Cingular is just too expensive. We'll see though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions