PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htctouch
Carrier: bell

rob21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BELLS HTC TOUCH is it worth keeping ???

Hello all how is it going today, was wondering if anyone is familiar with BELLS version of the HTC TOUCH.I just recently purchased this phone and, was looking for an honest opinipon on it ,of wheather people are happy with it or regret purchasing it.It was a big up grade for me from an old phone which did'nt have a camera or colour screen.I like the phone its a neat concept, but i have had some problems with it,after about 2 weeks of setting up and familiarizing myself with it I got a dead spot on the screen.This spot appears on the start/program screen only it appeared after changing different backgrounds I took it back to bell world.The tech figured it to be a software glitch they replaced the phone for me.My new touch Iv'e had for about two weeks Iv'e been tring to access web based video and it won't allow me dose any one have a solution???? web based video/movies/clips is important to me.Now I,m in the delema my new touch has been freezing on me and that dead spot has retuned only on that same screen as before.So i,m gonna go back to Bell World and either get this phone replaced again for the same one and don't mess with the background anymore if it is capable of playing web based video/movies/clips or I'll pick up a more suitable one I was looking at the htc-6800 anyone got any advice thanks for any feedback guys and gals
Old 01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Make sure you have unlimited data. Any of these phones are practically useless without data and they will use a data connection even if you aren't subscribed so you might get lots of per/kb charges that add up. I've heard horror stories about this and with Bell in particular.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Bell Mobility

twistedwaffle is a n00b
Well, to start off, the Touch is a nice phone and all, however there are some downfalls to this phone in particular. The keyboard is a rather hard one to get used to, with it using all touch and no additional keyboard (like the 6800), so I'm sure it's very sensitive. With this being said you should be greatful you have a phone that is able to have unlimited mobile browser because if you were to purchase a phone like the HTC 6800 from Bell Mobility (I purchased it), you will have to pay outrageous prices for data (25$ for 4MB of data usage), now you also stated that with the Touch, you can change the background but there is a black spot only on the main screen, I've never actually herd of this happening however that is strange. Personally I would keep the touch, but this is just my opinion because I am sick of paying the horrible prices for the mobile browsing. Because everyone knows that a Windows Mobile powered device is only as good as it's data provider.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue touch
Carrier: bell mobility

stnick is a n00b
First posting here!
It's a great phone! read the forums, there are several posts about streaming vid. and MANY other cool mods.
I think that bell has blocked the native IE streaming vid some how but there is several fixes and/or workarounds in these forums. look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11154
Book mark this site, you'll be back.

Last edited by stnick; 01-27-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

walshey14 is a n00b
I have the 6800 and all my biddies and my dad who dont have thier phone bills paid for by their companies have the touch. you can view all web based videos etc you just need a program to do so. TCPMP works well. the only real thing my phone has that the touch doesnt is wifi capability and a keypad but everyhting else is almost identical. the main bonus to having the touch with bell over the 6800 is that you can do ALL YOUR WEB BROWSING AND WEB RELATED STUFF FOR ONLY 7$ A MONTH!!! where as if you were to set up your email accounts and go on youtube and watch tv etc with the 6800 it could cost you literally thousands of dollars per month. if you want I can email you the programs that will allow you to watch video and shit, post your email for me here and ill send them on to you, all you have to do is install them and your on your way.

hope that helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions