PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

be-e-z is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Panic...Memory Card Info Encrypted

Okay I'm going to try to make this story as brief as possible but I have a HTC Mogul for Sprint and my keypad back light recently stopped functioning so I copied all my important data to my minisd card and hard reset my phone.

When I went to re-add all my file back to my phone it had a weird encryption i.e. lock over each file on my memory card. I have tried accessing it directly through my computer with no luck I also opened the program that I would use to open the file and tried opening the file with no luck and I'm running out of solutions . I need to access my contacts ASAP and as of right now I have no way to access them. If someone could help me figure this dilemma out it would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pdascreen.jpg (89.2 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Did you leave the Encrypt SD Card option on before you performed the hard reset?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

be-e-z is a n00b
I am not sure because I remember turning it on and off once or twice. Do you think there is anyway to salvage the files?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
If you had it turned on and then hard reset, you are SOL. Learned this the hard way with my first PPC phone. Now I don't encrypt.

From your screenshot, you had encryption enabled...sorry dude...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
i second that. I too learned the hard way. your pretty much screwed sorry to say. for a detailed explanation on why it doesnt work just google it. the encyption that your phone put on the memory card when u turned the encryption on is far too advanced for even the best of us ppc geeks to decrypt, so take it as a lesson learned! your phone creates a "key" with the memory card when you turn the encryption option on, so that it only works in your phone..heres the catch, when you hard reset, you lose that "key" that is stored on your device, thus causing your ppc to create a new key, and because it doenst match up with the memory card, you end up being locked out of it in a nutshell
Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

be-e-z is a n00b
Wow thats a hell of a lesson to have to learn I had so much information that I really needed on this damn card and now I can't do anything with it
Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by be-e-z View Post
Wow thats a hell of a lesson to have to learn I had so much information that I really needed on this damn card and now I can't do anything with it
It's a terrible lesson to learn, but you'll only do that once...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions