PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jeff94 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm wondering the same thing. basically, the corolada site has two up-to-date prls listed for sprint: 20230 and 60611 I believe. I installed the 60611 on my phone manually, and haven't noticed a benefit/problem over the old one when roaming. can someone with an evdo phone who hasn't manually changed their prl post what version they get updated to?

HTC Touch - 12/2007
Old 02-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
PRLs are pretty worthless in most areas. The phones will find the towers regardless if you have an older PRL or not. All they are are literally prioritized lists of towers you should roam from first [prl=preferred roaming list]. If you keep your phone on Sprint Only, they do nothing. Every PRL update just includes a new roaming agreement Sprint has entered with a company in a specific area. Unless you live in this specific area, it doesn't help you any, and even if you do, for the most part it just saves Sprint money to roam on X tower before Y tower.

That being said, sometimes if they become corrupt, you will have tons of problems with calls dropping or not establishing correctly.

I don't quite understand your question akijikan?
My question was referring to the classification of PRL files on http://corolada.com/prl/.

Also PRL is very important to me since I live in an area with very poor coverage. Roaming is often a much stronger signal. And PRLs also let you access the latest data-roaming agreements.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions