PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I Leave Verizon?
Yes 64 78.05%
No 18 21.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pringlet
Post Should I Leave Verizon?

I've been with Verizon since before Verizon was Verizon. What I mean is that I originally signed up with Airtouch cellular and later they were acquired by Verizon. At any rate that will soon be 10 years I think. I've had my 6700 for 2 years now and feel that while I'm not only looking a new phone, why not check out new providers....

The company I work for gets an 18% discount thru Sprint and 12% discount thru T-Mobile. Verizon gives me 6% discount on my voice and 12% off on my data. My monthly bill is still over $80 when everything is said and done.

A co-worker of mine is with Sprint. He works here in Cheyenne Wyoming but lives down in Colorado. He has a mogul aka 6800, and is getting a minute/data package similar to mine for approx $50 a month. A quick speed test from dslreports.com/mspeed showed that he consistently got 900+kbps on his Sprint Mogal here in Cheyenne while I was scraping to get 400kbps on my 6700. Sprint coverage here in town appears to be acceptable for the few places we've gone.

My number one priority is network coverage. Is it true that other providers have weaker networks or is that some VZ marketing campaign BullS*? How reliable are the coverage maps on the provider's websites? Are there any Sprint users here in the Wyoming / Colorado area who can give any feedback on the coverage across I-80 and I-25? The bottom line is, if the network is going to be weaker in any way then I think I'll stay with Verizon.

Price of service is second.

Customer service is probably the third priority. I've heard horror stories about Sprint customer service? I know all of their call centers are in india right? Is it really that bad?

If you've switched from VZW to any other provider, was it a good move or a bad move in your opinion?

Thanks for any input/feedback/links/etc.

[pt]
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
If costs and data are your top 2 reasons Sprint is the way to go.

CS isnt as bad as if was before, now that they are trying to save face with customers because of the reputation but yes it was very bad.

But as far as network reliability is concerned it is best with data, verizon with voice. most likely unless you live in a small town, none will be an issue.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
www.sprint.com/sero sing up with this email savings@sprintemi.com

Your SERO Private Store Discounts

Purchase a new device and service plan through this SERO site and save!

* You'll find special discounts on many devices
* Select from three SERO voice plans starting at only $30/month
* Unlimited data services included with all plans
* Unlimited text messaging included with all plans through 2/16/08
* Unlimited Mobile Broadband service for only $49.99/month

$30 plan = 500min
$50 plan = 1250min

Enjoy!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks for the feed back. I'll be checking into that SERO deal thru Sprint. A quick check of the sprint coverage map shows that half of the towns I travel to reguarly only offer roaming coverage there and along the way.Would I need a special plan that includes roaming options?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet View Post
Thanks for the feed back. I'll be checking into that SERO deal thru Sprint. A quick check of the sprint coverage map shows that half of the towns I travel to reguarly only offer roaming coverage there and along the way.Would I need a special plan that includes roaming options?
My SERO plan already includes free roaming. I think it's a standard part of the plan.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
SERO is the way to go bro. I shouldn't have been living under a rock before i signed those dotted lines, but you're one of those who are thankful to get the word about it... Only if it were for word of mouth, I'd be saving alot more money.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Definitely go with SERO. Sprint phones roam on Verizons network so you may not get the best data everywhere but voice should not be a problem. I live in a big city and really have EVDO everwhere and would not trade Sprint for anything right now.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sweet! Thanks everyone
Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I recently looked into switching from Sprint to Verizon.....when I crunched the #'s, it would have cost me almost $100 more/month + cost of new phones, plus Sprint stepped up & gave me incentives to stay. I'd be on SERO to but I'm on a shared plan w/ 4 other phones.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Intermountain Trust is starting in the wrong direction
if you need a great data plan then yes i would switch otherwise no.

as far as service goes with Sprint i have had no problems roaming throughout Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Yes you do want a plan that has unlimited roaming, while i was in Wyoming my phone was constantly roaming but the signal was great (I have a unlimited roaming plan). there are presently no Sprint Stores in Wyoming or in central and eastern Montana I do not know about Colorado. in other words no quick fix if you have a problem, you will have to take care of all your tech or phone replacement and phone insurance issues by calling in. that in itself can be a daunting task with Sprint if you do not have patience, their last screw up took two months for me to get straightened out. on the up side i now have a $10 Vision access pack with unlimited data for both phones

Just my two cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions