PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker

doula0909 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
returning the iphone, looking for a new PDA

I bought the iphone around christmas time assuming that it had all the bells and whistles.
I guess it came with a bunch of stuff I don't need, and not enough that I do. I hate that I can not receive multi-media messages on it! I HATE THAT! And I am also not keen on the fact that there is no voice dial for my bluetooth.
Any suggestions, I was looking at the at&t tilt phone, but I am not getting too much info on it online, and I hate that it's so bulky.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

shellyqt is a n00b
I have the Tilt and I love it.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doula0909 is a n00b
No problems with any of the features? Do you use the internet a lot?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 WM6
Carrier: Sprint

JTSV is a n00b
Determine what you would like your phone to be able to accomplish and then go for it! I currently have what everyone refers to as the brick, Sprint's PPC 6700 with tweaking it has become a great tool. I refer to it as the great PDA that can make phone calls. Bluetooth makes it the easiset because of the size. I prefer to carry a bigger phone instead of a phone and a lap top. Everyone else carries a laptop and everyone starts typing I use transcriber and write more detailed notes, carry 90% of what I need whether it be a contract, bid, estimate, data sheet etc.... Everything I need I can access through mobile applications. So I look at my larger phone as a tool verses it's size. Work is switching from Sprint to ATT and everyone is going for the iphone. Not me I can not wait until I get the Tilt. I have had the PPC6700 since it came out I was not impressed with the new Mogal so I've kept my phone however after reviewing both the iphone and the Tilt the Tilt is definately the no brainer for me. I do not want to just read information I want to be able to review, edit and create information. My goal is to keep from carrying a lap top. So why carry an iphone? The only thing that I've read about the Tilt that I do not like is the fact it doesn't have a flash, I use my flash as a flashlight beacon. Tilt has more memory, can support larger SD, built in navigation (saving on a Tom Tom purchase) everything I currently use is improved. PM me and I can give you a few reviews to read.

John T. Snelson V

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions