PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which should I get???
Touch 22 31.43%
Mogul 48 68.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 10:18 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch or Mogul? Need your opinion please!

Just when I had decided to upgrade from Apache to Mogul, I see the Touch @ the Sprint store. Now I'm torn over which one to get. The main thing about the Touch I luv is the form factor, that is a hot phone, whereas the Mogul is much more bulky, I'm pretty sure I'd be fine w/o the hardware kb & no wifi.

My Apache is used for more casual usage, as I also carry a work phone. Mainly used for email (both exchange & pop3), appointments, light browsing, alittle internet sharing, casual phone calls, a picture here & there. I don't use the kb on a regular basis, wifi only when my signal is weak.

I also like customization, tweaking, custom roms, kitchens....just like to tinker around, so not sure which would be better.

Please, I need some opinions to sway my decision, I'll be upgrading this week for sure.

tia
Old 12-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
with all of what you do and the problems people seem to have i think the touch would be a smarter move and it is o so sexy compred to the mogul
Old 12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'd recommend reading, there many, MANY posts and threads comparing the two. There also first impressions, bugs, and reviews threads for both devices.

I have used both and I like my Touch and would never go back to the Mogul, but that's just me.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work
i say "meh"

Bertha O' bot 2009 FIRST ROBOTS
Old 12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
the only diffrence that i know is the lack of keyboard on touch!!!

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SexyReddMogul is a n00b
I upgraded from the Mogul to Touch after only 6 months. The Mogul was great, but still needed alot of tweaking to get it how i wanted it, then w/ all the adjustments that I made, when there was a problem (which required hard resets) all my work had to be re-done. Try doing that a few times, then ur like, ugh enough already. I have the Touch now & they learned from the Mogul, so alot of the tweaks that needed to be made to the Mogul are standard on the Touch. I've only had my Touch for about a week, but am loving it. Only thing i miss is the keyboard, but it's an adjustment thats all. There are alot of full screen boards u can put on the Touch.
I would highly reccomend the Touch- if u go for the Mogul- u may be looking to upgrade sooner than u thought. All providers have the 30 day policy & the Mogul is still a bit more, so try one or the other , then swap it out & see which fits you better.

Happy Hunting!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Thanls for all the input guys, I decided to go w/ the Touch, though the majority voted for the Mogul. I know I could overcome the Moguls problems, just like the Apache, but the vast amount of excellent reviews on the Touch, made it easy to decide.....I can do w/o a keyboard.

thx again! I should have it Wed, can't wait!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
No Wifi on the touch either, I figure for a phone that should be the 6900, its lacking too much from its "Predecessor" the Mogul including the hard keyboard, and wifi, the extra ram just isnt enough when you strip away the keyboard and wifi, when it comes down to it do you want a phone to play with(Touch) or do you want a phone that means Business(Mogul) And just for the record not everybody has problems with the mogul, just the ones who should of gotten a touche in the first place.

Last edited by Joeriginal; 12-31-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
No Wifi on the touch either, I figure for a phone that should be the 6900, its lacking too much from its "Predecessor" the Mogul including the hard keyboard, and wifi, the extra ram just isnt enough when you strip away the keyboard and wifi, when it comes down to it do you want a phone to play with(Touch) or do you want a phone that means Business(Mogul) And just for the record not everybody has problems with the mogul, just the ones who should of gotten a touche in the first place.
yeah, it would have been nice to have wifi, though I rarely use it, it's nice to have if you need it.

It sure sounds like you're doggin the Touch, and I'm not sure what you mean by wanting a phone that means business, cuz the only advantage I see that the Mogul has is the keyboard & wifi. Other than those 2 things, the Touch (IMO) kicks the crap out of the Mogul, in comparison the Mogul seems big & clunky.

So you admit, the Mogul has issues, but it's just those who arent techy that can't overcome those issues? hmmm. Why go into it knowing you'll have to tweak the hell out of it to run properly, when you can get the Touch that already has those issues corrected, and looks/feels 10x better?

Seems to me, HTC just came out with a superior product. But you know what they say about opinions......thanks for your input.

Last edited by OMJ; 12-31-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
Hey to each his own, I just wouldnt call a move from the Mogul to the Touch an "Upgrade", more like a Lateral move

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions